Passing vlan through epmp ptp

I am having an issue that seems to be directly related to epmp links. We have vlans that interconnect our routers and for some reason, the vlan will not pass traffic through the epmp. From what I have read, it should work by default.

I have the same configuration using the Cambium 450 gear at it seems to work fine. Any ideas?

What firmware are you running? Ideally you should be running 4.4.2. Have you tried increasing the MTU on both sides of the ePMP PTP to the maximum of 1700 bytes?

1 Like

@Charles Bender wrote:

I am having an issue that seems to be directly related to epmp links. We have vlans that interconnect our routers and for some reason, the vlan will not pass traffic through the epmp. From what I have read, it should work by default.

I have the same configuration using the Cambium 450 gear at it seems to work fine. Any ideas?

If you do not configure DATA vlan on SM device, the link shall pass any traffic (tagged&/untagged) with exception of MANAGEMENT VLAN (you have to enable management vlan access on ethernet and wireless port for that). If you configure DATA vlan (for untagged traffic) then you also have to configure MEMBERSHIP VLANs (for tagged traffic/VLANs you want to pass through).