Please how do I scan using my AP

Dear all,

Please how can I scan for the best frequency without losing SM already connected to my AP, I can only do that from my SM, but don't know how to do that using my AP.

Regards,

Joseph

If you are using a ePMP 3000 for the Access point then you can turn on Spectrum Analyzer - under tools. This would eventually populate noise, and you can pick a channel.

If you have a ePMP 1000/2000 there isn't a way to scan for the best channel in AP mode while keeping the customer connected. You would have to change it to Spectrum Analyzer mode under Configuration -Radio tab. Then it would restart, and you could use the Spectrum Analyzer under the tools Tab.

Its now about three months since we here in the community started to complain about lack of this feature on 2000s, so I think it will never be possible, as these devices will become obsolete in few days and will go to trash. 

@beeonline wrote:

Its now about three months since we here in the community started to complain about lack of this feature on 2000s, so I think it will never be possible, as these devices will become obsolete in few days and will go to trash. 

I can send you our address, rather than sending them to the trash...  :) 

The simple fact is that the ePMP3000 APs have two independent radios, one running "live" customer traffic, the other can be used to run spectrum analysis, ACS/DFS pre-scanning, etc.  The ePMP1000 and ePMP2000 APs have just one single radio, so in order to perform any scanning it needs to shut down the sector's connections and re-purpose the primary (only) radio to perform the scan.

Would it be completely impossible to do on an e2000/e1000 AP?  I don't actually know, but I'm confident it wouldn't be worth the effort on the development/testing side to try to achieve it.

j

@beeonline wrote:

It has actually been since the first day we got our first ePMP1000, so it's been years that the community started to complain about this lack of feature.  THE APs NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO DO A REGULAR WIFI SITE SURVEY.

'eDETECT' in it's current form is essentially useless - what eDETECT needs to do is to show a list of all the devices it can hear, in any language (WiFi, ePMP, UBNT, whatever it's capable of decoding) and in all frequenceis and widths (not just something that happens to be in the exact same width and on the exact same channel as the AP).

Hi,

I would really like to ask you for a huge favor of patience. We had a great conversation in the other thread and I left you with the commitment that we will work on improvements.

These are the list of improvements planned:

1. Provide a table of interferers on 11ac devices under the spectrum analyzer. 

2. Show all available Access Points in the SM scan list, but not only Cambium ones. 

3. For 11n implement Spectrum Analyzer and interference discovery similar to 11ac. 

#1 is already available in the 4.5-RC. #2 and #3 are already in progress, but unfortnatly it will only make it in 4.6 firmware.

Customers are always our #1 priority and believe me we are doing our best.

Best regards,

Dmitry

1 Like