PMP 450 3.5 GHz Incorrect Radio Frequency Carrier - Transmit Disabled!

I am a first time installer and am getting this message. I have updated the software version to CANOPY 14.1.1 AP-DES. I have also gone through and set the regional settings to North America and United States. I have rebooted the unit and conitue getting the message "PMP 450 3.5 GHz  Incorrect Radio Frequency Carrier - Transmit Disabled!".

I am at a loss of what to do next. Please let me know if i can provide more information.

Thanks,
Dustin

Under Configuration, Radio Tab, are you able to select a frequency carrier in the 3650-3700 range? Select one, save, and then reboot and see if it says if Transmit is Disabled.

The drop down menu for Frequency Carrier gives me the option of "None". I am not able to select anything.

On the 'Custom Frequencies' tab, do you see 19 frequencies? If not, what happens when you press the 'Add default frequencies' button?

@dstock wrote:

I am a first time installer and am getting this message. I have updated the software version to CANOPY 14.1.1 AP-DES. I have also gone through and set the regional settings to North America and United States. I have rebooted the unit and conitue getting the message "PMP 450 3.5 GHz  Incorrect Radio Frequency Carrier - Transmit Disabled!".

I am at a loss of what to do next. Please let me know if i can provide more information.

Thanks,
Dustin

Hi, 

I see that you are using a 3.5 GHz radio and not a 3.6 GHz radio. United States country code is not supported on a 3.5 GHz radio. However, Other-Other or Canada should be supported. Can you please try one of these?

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

@Cambium_Sri wrote:
Hi, 

I see that you are using a 3.5 GHz radio and not a 3.6 GHz radio.

Good catch Sri... totally forgot that there are two different 3.X radios.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

@Cambium_Sri wrote:
Hi, 

I see that you are using a 3.5 GHz radio and not a 3.6 GHz radio.

Good catch Sri... totally forgot that there are two different 3.X radios.

No worries, Eric. 

Dustin, If you are in the United States, you may have been sent a 3.5 GHz radio in error. Please contact your distributor/reseller so they can swap it out with a 3.6 GHz radio. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Looks like the problem is resolved. I found out that you are correct with changing the settings to North America/ Canada. Once i made this change, i am now able to select a carrier frequency.

Next questions is: now that i know that it is designed for Canada, do i need to send it back and get United States/ 3.6GHz? Or can i continue to use this radio setup?

@dstock wrote:

Looks like the problem is resolved. I found out that you are correct with changing the settings to North America/ Canada. Once i made this change, i am now able to select a carrier frequency.

Next questions is: now that i know that it is designed for Canada, do i need to send it back and get United States/ 3.6GHz? Or can i continue to use this radio setup?

Hi Dustin, 

Yes, the 3.5 GHz is meant for Canada.

You MUST send this back and get it replaced with a 3.6 GHz radio approved for operation in the United States in the 3650-3700 MHz band. 

Thanks,

Sriram