PMP 450 Gigabit Autonegotiation CAT5e Cable and Connectors

Hello,

Are there any experienced PMP 450 installers who have achieved success who would share what Brand and Specification(s) of CAT5E or better) having Gigabit Autonegotion succeed and remain consitently at installations where the cable drop is roughly 80 feet or greater?

I understand that the PMP 450 Series Planning and Installation Guide states to order Superior Essex type BBDGe cable from Cambium Networks and would happily order that precise specification for tower installs of PMP 450i, PMP 450m or other Gigabit Capable PMP 450 Access Points, but I can only find this spec online (copper cladding and all) available for $650.00 per 1000 ft reel or so. The cost for that exact cable seems high, especially when considering customer site installations.

I have been unsuccessful at having autonegotiation consistently succeed and remain at Gigabit Speed / 1000 Mbps at many of my PMP 450b installations in particular.

I am trying to determine a Cable Specification that will negotiate Gigabit Speed consistently at cable runs greater than 80 feet on up to… say 200 feet (which should be will within the specification for Gigabit running on CAT5e. I haven’t been able to achieve reliable Gigabit Autonegotiation with the PMP 450b SMs using:

Cat5e 350 MHz Uninsulated cable

Ubiquiti Toughcable Carrier Grade… Upon reviewing the specification sheet it appears though that the Maximum MHz of Carrier Grade Ubiquiti Toughcable may only be 150 MHz and Ubiquiti Toughconnectors

or

Cat5e 350 MHz Insulated cable

All of this has me questioning whether I should begin using a good reputable (yet hopefully cost efficient) brand and specification of CAT6 cable for all installs, including possibly 23 AWG CAT6 (if that size of cable will still fit into the IP67 cable doors that are included with High Gain PMP 450b or Glands with the PMP 450i family of Access Points in general?

My goal is to determine what Brand and Spec of UV Resistant, Weatherproof, “Shielded” CAT5e or CAT6 cabling will consistently guarantee successful Gigabit Autonegotiation, but that is not as pricey as the Copper Clad Superior Essex BBDGe cable.

I have had some success with ensuring that the Patch Cable between the PMP 450b POE Supply and Gigabit Port on the Router / Switch is CAT6 AWG24… this seems to help some in successful Gigabit Autonegotiation with the PMP 450i(s)

I have not installed a high number of the PMP 450i(s) or PMP 450b(s) and have not yet attempted using a great variety of CAT5e or CAT6 brands of Patch or POE (side of the POE Injector) cabling and was hoping that someone who has a great deal of experience might “chime in”.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

We use Shireen DC-1021 cat5e on almost every install and have never had any ethernet negotiation issues with 450 (450i or 450b) radios that weren’t related to poor crimps. We use the DC-2021 cat6 cable on some installs.

I see the Shireen DC-2021 is CAT6 23 AWG and competitively priced. I’ll review the specs some and consider trying a box of either of the Shireen DC-2021 or DC-1021. We used to use some Shireen for installs of PMP 320s several years ago, and I do not remember if there was any particular reason that we changed brands way back then. I’ll look into trying out a box. Thanks!