PMP 450 SM's just scanning

We have had 5 SM's in the last 2 weeks just stop working and only scan. They had been working fine, no changes done to them. Customer calls in that internet down and we log into it from the ethernet side and all it will do is scan. They will not link to either of our AP's. Granted we are not using these to their full capacity as we just ordered and installed on our own without much knowledge of the product. Everything had been working fine we have about 120 customers on 2 Ap's with no complaints other than this new scanning issue.

@snorthway wrote:

We have had 5 SM's in the last 2 weeks just stop working and only scan. They had been working fine, no changes done to them. Customer calls in that internet down and we log into it from the ethernet side and all it will do is scan. They will not link to either of our AP's. Granted we are not using these to their full capacity as we just ordered and installed on our own without much knowledge of the product. Everything had been working fine we have about 120 customers on 2 Ap's with no complaints other than this new scanning issue.

Hi - Can you please give us more information:

1. What software version are you running?

2. What frequency band are you using? Do you happen to be using a DFS band?

3. How did you recover the SMs? In other words, did a reboot of the SM cause it to register with the AP again?

4. Are your 2 APs on the same tower? If so, are you GPS sync'ing them?

5. Is it possible to get a CNUT capture?

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like

1. 12.1.3 on A.P 12.1.3 SM and 13.1.3 SM the 12.1.3 SM's are the ones scanning.

2. 5795 and 5815 both 20 mhz wide

3.Have not recovered them they we are going to try and use the pins to short them to default. Resetting them did no good nor did defaulting them.

4. They are both on the same tower. Have no GPS syncing them.

5. Cannot get CNUT to find second AP. Will be working with cambium about this at later date. We have a few techs that have been out and I have taken on several new things to cover.

Please provide your contact information in an email to:

solutions@cambiumnetworks.com

@snorthway wrote:

1. 12.1.3 on A.P 12.1.3 SM and 13.1.3 SM the 12.1.3 SM's are the ones scanning.

2. 5795 and 5815 both 20 mhz wide

3.Have not recovered them they we are going to try and use the pins to short them to default. Resetting them did no good nor did defaulting them.

4. They are both on the same tower. Have no GPS syncing them.

5. Cannot get CNUT to find second AP. Will be working with cambium about this at later date. We have a few techs that have been out and I have taken on several new things to cover.

Please provide your contact information in an email to:

solutions@cambiumnetworks.com

Hi colleagues.

Is there any updates for this issue? I have the same problem with two SM's 450. Software on AP 13.1.3, software on SM 13.1.3. On Spectrum Analizer tab on SM I see the AP transsmit , but there is nothin displaing in AP avaluation tab, SM just scaning, transsmit output power on SM -30 dBm. I tried software upgrade on AP and SM to 13.3 - nothing changes.

Hi,

I have also some SM with same behaviour *BUT* it is not scanning at all.

It scans

Then it finds the AP then says "SYNCING" (1-2 seconds)

Then the SM says "REGISTERING" (for also 1-2 seconds more) and on this step, the Air Delay in the status page of the SM says it is farther than the max. allow distance, then disconnects and starts scanning again and so on...

Also in the SM Sessing LOGS there are lot of REGREQTOMAXERR messages.

Can you check if your scanning problem is really this problem? I have opened a support case with cambium regarding this.

Best regards

Antonio

I've seen this every week or two across various APs on the network. Something gets screwy in the AP. Reboot the APs and then the SMs will register.

The other thing with v12 and the SM spectrum analyzer seeing the RF carrier but not detecting the AP beacon in the AP eval list. That could be the frequency offset thing and you'll definitely want to contact Cambium Support about it.

Thank you George. I'll contact Cambium Support team.

I had a 450 SM do that several months back, and I just had a 2.4 FSK SM do it this week.  Same symptoms, can see AP on SA but not AP Eval.  Just happens one day out of the blue, and nothing fixes it.  I figured I just had a couple SMs die, but it sounds like I need to open a ticket.

Hi, Registering issue is fixed in 13.4.1 Please try open beta and report, You may see some debug event log but it wont create problem in accessing SM or data transfer, Let us know if you still see issue. https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/beta Thanks,

Is 13.4.1 still in beta.  I don't see it in the archive.  I do see the 13.4 release.  I'm having the same issue with my SM (v13.1.3) dropping connection for whatever reason and then not re-registering with the AP.

I've been able to register with a different SM so I'm pretty sure the AP is ok.