PMP 450i update question

Dears,

I whould like to ask you if updating PMP540 i from 15.1.1 to 15.2.1 disables the AES Encryption or not i mean when upgrading dose it affect the configuration of Encryption 

Thanks in advance

In 15.2 AES-256 encryption was added and DES was removed.  There is no change for AES-128.  There should be no issue from 15.1.1 to 15.2.1 if using AES-128.  Attached are the release notes for 15.2 which the change was made.

Thanks for your reply … After updating the system to 15.2 somehow we lost all encryption and the APs was showing Encryption to None so if you can advice about this problem please
Thanks in advance

@Ahmed Sameh wrote:
Thanks for your reply .. After updating the system to 15.2 somehow we lost all encryption and the APs was showing Encryption to None so if you can advice about this problem please
Thanks in advance

Hi Ahmed,

When you say you lost encryption, do you mean your AP is no longer configured for encryption, or you are unable to turn on the encryption settings?

As Dave mentioned, upgrading to 15.2 or later will cause DES encryption to no longer be available, and will show warnings indicating that DES is confgured, but not operating, and asking you to change encyrption to either AES or None to proceed. If you were using AES128 encryption, nothing should change after upgrading.

Please see this knowledge base article for a proper upgrade plan: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-FAQ/15-2-AES-256-Encryption-FAQ/m-p/85930#M306

Can you provide some more information about what exactly your AP and SM encryption settings are, perhaps with screenshots of the Configuration-->Security tab?

Thanks,

-Al

Dears.
AP is no longer configured for encryption so i had to re configure the encryption. So the problem is 1st we configured the system as AES 128 then when we upgraded the firmware to 15.2.1 we lost the configuration of the encryption

@Ahmed Sameh wrote:
Dears.
AP is no longer configured for encryption so i had to re configure the encryption. So the problem is 1st we configured the system as AES 128 then when we upgraded the firmware to 15.2.1 we lost the configuration of the encryption

Ahmed, so is your setup working correctly now, or are you experiencing any new issues? As far as I know, there should be no reason that AES would have been automatically disabled after an upgrade to 15.2.1, but I can have the test team look into it and see if it's reproducible in our lab.

1 Like