PMP450 family power supplies

This article is specific to powering up PMP modules with all supported power supplies.

The PMP power supply is an indoor unit that is connected to the PMP module and network terminating equipment using Cat5e cable with RJ45 connectors. It is also plugged into an AC or DC power supply so that it can inject Power over Ethernet (PoE) into the module.

Ensure that the voltage applied to the device meets the minimum range listed in the table below after taking into account cable lengths or any other type of voltage loss resident in your deployment.

For powering PMP modules, Cambium Networks has tested and recommends using the following power supply units:

PMP module basic powering specifications:

PMP450 AP/SM:

PTP450 BHM/BHS:

PMP450i AP/SM:

PTP450i BHM/BHS:

PMP/PTP450b:

PMP450m:

PMP450 Micro pop:

Notes:

The PMP 450 Ruggedized High Gain Integrated Subscriber Module (Cambium part numbers C035045C014A and C036045C014A), while encapsulated in a 450i-type enclosure, contains 450 circuitry which must be powered via 30 VDC. Powering these SMs with a 56 VDC will damage the device

The 30V PSU (part number: #N000900L001A) has to be used for PMP 450 900 MHz SM.

Power consumption will be more with the AUX port PoE enabled.

Always use an appropriately rated and approved AC supply cord-set in accordance with the regulations of the country of use.

Always use Cat5e cable that is shielded with copper-plated steel. Alternative types of Ethernet cables are not supported by Cambium Networks.

Power consumption for PMP450m 3 GHz and 5 GHz can go up to 180 W max and 110 W max with AUX port PoE enabled.

Additional information:

Below is the list of LPUs/surge suppressor supported for particular PMP devices:

1 Like