PMP450x Release 16.0.1 is now available

PMP450x Release 16.0.1 is now available. It can be downloaded at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/

4 Likes

Thanks! Please push this out to cnMaestro cloud ASAP!

2 Likes

Finally!

Waiting for some feedback!

Loaded up a 3GHz PMP450 AP and SMs last night. It's the sector I'm on at home. Haven't seen any issues so far.

Probably going to roll it out to a 900MHz site today or tomorrow for further validation before we go network-wide.

Upgraded 2 AP450 and SMs. Before with 16.0.0.1 running for 2 weeks.

One AP450 with 4 SM's on it, and after all upgraded one SM got issues. It reconnects with an uptime average of 5 min.

The other AP450 with 2 SM's on it, and also after all upgraded all SMs got issues. They reconnects constantly in seconds or few minutes.

Now, downgraded to 16.0.0.1 the AP450 with 2 SMs, now stable again.

But downgraded the SM only on the other AP450 (with 4 SM's on it), but still reconnections. (AP450 with 16.0.1, and 3 SMs on 16.0.1, and only the SM with issues dowgraded to 16.0.0.1).

Thanks Roberto for your feedback. Can you please share the "engineering.cgi" files from the AP's and SM's, you were seeing reconnects on?

You may send me the engineering.cgi file directly at the following email address:

aatif.ali@cambiumnetworks.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Aatif

@Roberto Gomez wrote:

Upgraded 2 AP450 and SMs. Before with 16.0.0.1 running for 2 weeks.

One AP450 with 4 SM's on it, and after all upgraded one SM got issues. It reconnects with an uptime average of 5 min.

The other AP450 with 2 SM's on it, and also after all upgraded all SMs got issues. They reconnects constantly in seconds or few minutes.

Now, downgraded to 16.0.0.1 the AP450 with 2 SMs, now stable again.

But downgraded the SM only on the other AP450 (with 4 SM's on it), but still reconnections. (AP450 with 16.0.1, and 3 SMs on 16.0.1, and only the SM with issues dowgraded to 16.0.0.1).

This is strange (and worrying). We upgraded to 16.0.1-BETA2 a month ago one AP 450m with 90 SM and all its subscribers and we haven't had any issue, any disconnection or reebot. Aatif, did you implement any chnage between BETA2 and Final release? Thank you.

Hi Aatif, 

thanks for the fast reply.

Yesterday, I was looking for possible causes. It could be coincidence, that they were interferences. But they are 2 AP's on different towers.

The AP with 2 only SM's, first changed the freq. but finally set again the original freq. And since last change yesterday, all 2 SMs have remained connected. And now, upgraded again to 16.0.1 and they seem stable.

The AP with 4 SM's (one of them with issues), yestarday changed the freq. but since yesterday that SM's has been reconnecting. Today, changed again freq. to new one that seems more interference-free, and now all SM's stay connected.

By the moment, no apparently issues relatet to 16.0.1.

Regards.

Hi Roberto,

There are a few improvements made in latest software release version 16.0.1. For detailed review please download Release Notes from Cambium Networks Software Download website:

Release Notes - User Guide - Software (https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/#r1)

Here is a high level summary for your quick review:

This document (Release Notes) provides information for 450 Platform Series System Release 16.0, 16.0.0.1 and
16.0.1. 16.0.1 is a bug fix replacement for 16.0 and 16.0.0.1 and also includes three additional small
features. Any customer planning to upgrade, should upgrade to 16.0.1. Any customers who already
deployed 16.0 and are experiencing issues, are encouraged to upgrade from 16.0 to 16.0.1. This
Release Notes include the deltas in 16.0.1 on top of the full set of 16.0 and 16.0.0.1 release notes.

Hello Roberto,

You are most welcome. I am glad to hear that you are not seeing any issues on release 16.0.1. Please feel free to reach out to me should you require any further support.

Thanks and best regards,

Aatif.

Hi Roberto,

In regards to your query for the delta between Beta-2 and full official release 16.0.1. Following are some of the fixes implemented in 16.0.1:

• CPY-15633: SM running 16.0 or later is passing thru ethernet ingress traffic, even when "Ethernet Link" is disabled.
  • CPY-15631: Allow PTP 450b in ETSI 5.4/5.7
  • CPY-15638: Opening 3G 450m max downlink data percent from 75% to 85% 

There are some improvements and fixes but nothing that would effect the "SM reconnects".

Thanks.

Are you guys going to release a hotfix for CPY-15643 or will that get delayed till 16.0.2? 

@CSup wrote:

Are you guys going to release a hotfix for CPY-15643 or will that get delayed till 16.0.2? 

Just for everyone else's edification, that's the issue number for: "SM does not drop session during re-authentication, when the RADIUS user profile is deleted."

The next-planned release is currently 16.1, but we haven't completely discounted the possibility of a 16.0.x or 16.0.1.x bugfix release if it becomes necessary. I know we've reproduced the issue, but it does not look like we have a fix in place yet. I'll be sure to have someone update the original forum post when it's fixed and/or if we make any decision to do an incremental release before 16.1.

Not able to upgrade some SMs in maestro to the new code. I have been able to get 2 out of 10 to upgrade

@snorthway wrote:

Not able to upgrade some SMs in maestro to the new code. I have been able to get 2 out of 10 to upgrade

What SW version are those SMs currently upgrading from? There was a known issue with upgrade failures for SMs connected to a 450m sector (possibly non-450m as well, but more likely with 450m) which was fixed (I believe in 16.0, but possibly 16.0.0.1). It could be you're running into that problem?

Hey Folks, I think I may have discovered an issue today, or perhaps I've discovered how a feature works... perhaps you can tell me.

Upon logging into an active 2.4 Ghz PMP450 AP of ours, I attempted to generate an XML file on the Session Status tab... the webpage kind've just stalled, and nothing really happened.  I refreshed the webpage, and was greeted with a login, only to realize the AP had rebooted.  Yikes!

So, I tested it on our test-bench AP, and I am successfully able to replicate this every time I try.

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen?  If it's not, then, I think I've caught a little glitch in the matrix.

@Neil Capell wrote:

Hey Folks, I think I may have discovered an issue today, or perhaps I've discovered how a feature works... perhaps you can tell me.

Upon logging into an active 2.4 Ghz PMP450 AP of ours, I attempted to generate an XML file on the Session Status tab... the webpage kind've just stalled, and nothing really happened.  I refreshed the webpage, and was greeted with a login, only to realize the AP had rebooted.  Yikes!

So, I tested it on our test-bench AP, and I am successfully able to replicate this every time I try.

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen?  If it's not, then, I think I've caught a little glitch in the matrix.

Thanks for reporting this, Neil. I'll pass this along to our test team and see if we can't reproduce it in-house. And to answer your question, generally, no, the radio should not reboot when you do this :|.

I tried (450 5Ghz). If I login to AP with user/password it worsk, if user has no password, so I can access without login, I got an error trying to get SessionStatus.xml

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Failed

This is a try with curl (to be clear: this AP has no password).

@MW_WISP wrote:

I tried (450 5Ghz). If I login to AP with user/password it worsk, if user has no password, so I can access without login, I got an error trying to get SessionStatus.xml

MW_WISP, did your AP reboot in this case or just fail to load the XML?

@Al wrote:

@MW_WISP wrote:

MW_WISP, did your AP reboot in this case or just fail to load the XML?

Just failed to load.

1 Like