PMP450x Release 16.1 is now available.

PMP450x Release 16.1 is now available. It can be downloaded at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/

For CNUT users: CNUT_16.1_Support_Hotfix_Release_13_Aug_2019 has been posted at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnut/

Upgrading to 16.1 is causing couple of issues on PMP 450m APs

1.  "Reboot Required" message on the AP and 
  2.   Encryption is reset to "None"

This issue is very specific to PMP 450m APs.

This issue does not happen on a PMP450m AP, if the AP has already has a SFP Feature Key.

PMP 450 and PMP 450i APs does not have this issue.

The workaround to fix this issue is

- To configure encryption to "AES" and

- Save the configuration and reboot the AP.

2 Likes

Is it Beta? Cambium Networks shows beta for this version

Is it Beta? Cambium cloud  shows beta for this version

Please check back in few minutes.

We are currently in the process of posting it to the cloud.

We try to coordinate the update to cnMaestro with the release on the download site as close as possible as it is different tasks.    16.1 should be available on cnMaestro shortly.

16.1 now shows in my cnMaestro Cloud instance.

No auto contention slot for 450m?

There was an issue with it, so it got pulled from the release, so no to further delay the entire release. It is being fixed and will be included in the next release. This is noted in the release notes.

1 Like

We have a huge SMs to install, and all of them are in 15.1.5 release. So we have to update it before using CNUT. 

In a future, will be able to update the devices by web access? It will be easier for our field technicians.

@lcalderon113 wrote:

We have a huge SMs to install, and all of them are in 15.1.5 release. So we have to update it before using CNUT. 

In a future, will be able to update the devices by web access? It will be easier for our field technicians.

Canopy radios can only be upgraded using CNUT, cnMaestro and cnArcher.
There are no plans of supporting upgrades from Web GUI, in near future.

If you would like to Auto-upgrade all the SMs, I would suggest upgrading to 16.0.1 first. Once all the radios are on 16.0.1, Auto-upgrade all of them to 16.1.

OR

If you have discovered all the SMs in your network, in CNUT, such that all the SMs are in a network tree under "Network Root", you can upgrade all the SMs to 16.1. Once all the SMs are upgraded to 16.1, you can update the APs to 16.1. SMs running 16.1 will register to APs running 15.1.5.

So this is strange... we updated all our AP's from 16.0.1 to 16.1 and every one of our PMP450m AP's now has it's encryption set to none, where before it was set to AES-128. All the other 450, and 450i AP's are still set to AES-128.

@lcalderon113 wrote:

If you want your field technicians to upgrade the SMs, during installtion, you may want to try cnArcher app.

It is available for both iOS and Android devices. More info can be found here.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are trying to reproduce the issue in the lab.

Will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Balaji

What happened to AutoContention on the 450m i thought it was coming during beta and then saw final version hit but no auto-contention still for 450m

"Auto Contention Slots feature is not supported on PMP 450m AP."

Are we getting it in a relatively soon point-release or is it further out or not coming?

1 Like

I am also seeing the issue where a 450m upgraded reports encryption set to None, and also shows Reboot Required after update. It's happened on all units we've updated so far.

1 Like

@Arakasi wrote:

shows Reboot Required after update. It's happened on all units we've updated so far.

Same here

Hi Arakasi & MW_WISP,

If you still have the APs in "Reboot Required" state, could you please let us know.
We would like to know which configuration parameter is causing this.

Best Regards,
Balaji

Eric, Arakasi & MW_WISP,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

As you would have noticed, in Canopy Release 16.1 we have enabled SFP port on PMP 450m APs.
User no longer needs a feature key to enable them.

Upgrading to 16.1 is causing couple of issues on PMP 450m APs

1. "Reboot Required" message on the AP and 
  2. Encryption is reset to "None"

This issue is very specific to PMP 450m APs.

This issue does not happen on PMP450m, if the AP has already has a SFP Feature Key.
PMP 450 and PMP 450i APs does not have this issue.

We are currently investigating why encryption is reset to "None" on PMP 450m APs.

In the mean time, the workaround to fix this issue is
- To configure encryption to "AES" and
- Save the configuration and reboot the AP.

- Balaji

I was super excited to try out the spatial utilizaiton heatmap feature that was added this update. At least on the 3.6 450M on chrome nothing shows on the spatial utilization heatmaps section.

However on firefox it works fine.

Might want to check into that.

I tried clearing all the cookies and rebooting the AP.

@gradmin wrote:

I was super excited to try out the spatial utilizaiton heatmap feature that was added this update. At least on the 3.6 450M on chrome nothing shows on the spatial utilization heatmaps section.

However on firefox it works fine.

Might want to check into that.

I tried clearing all the cookies and rebooting the AP.

Works for me in chrome incogneto mode.

Doesn't work for me in non. 

It's probably an extension causing the issue.