PMP450x Release 16.2.2 is now available

Cambium is officially releasing the PMP450x Radio 16.2.2 software.  It is the initial release for MicroPoP and Retro hardware, and also a bug fix release for CBRS and all of 450 series.

Please, refer to the release notes for more detailed features and bugs fixed list.
1. Radio software and documentation can be found, https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/.
2. CBRS procedures that involve both cnMaestro and radio software can befound in the cnMaestro repository, https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/.

16.2.2 will be available on cloud cnMaestro within 24hours.

1 Like

Can we upgrade directly to 16.2.2 or is 16.2.1 or 16.2 Beta 5 required first ?

@Logonix wrote:

Can we upgrade directly to 16.2.2 or is 16.2.1 or 16.2 Beta 5 required first ?

Logonix,

If you are not running CBRS, there is no upgrade compatibility, so can upgrade directly to 16.2.2.

If you are running CBRS and are running load earlier than 16.2 BETA-5 this is from the 16.2.1 Release Notes:

Upgrade compatibility
When CBRS is enabled, if a customer is running software older than 16.2 BETA-5 (i.e. any prior 16.0.2 or 16.2 software), there is a release compatibility issue if a customer attempts to upgrade directly from these prior versions to 16.2 build official. The Cambium suggested options are to:
a) Upgrade both SM and AP from the older software to BETA-5, then upgrade the AP to 16.2 build official, then upgrade the SM’s to 16.2 build official.
b) Upgrade the SM's from the older software to 16.2 build official, then immediately upgrade the AP to 16.2 build official. The disadvantage of this approach is, you will have an outage from the time the SM's are upgraded until the time the AP is upgraded.
When AP and SM have 16.2 Pre-BETA-5 software version:
• If SM is upgraded to 16.2 without AP upgrade, SM will not be able to register with AP. In this case if AP is upgraded to 16.2, SM will be able to register with AP.
• If AP is upgraded to 16.2 without SM upgrade, SM will not be able to register with AP. So, SM need to be manually upgraded with 16.2 to register with the AP. As customers may not have SM reachability at times in field, as a workaround, AP can be downgraded to 16.2 Pre-BETA-5 software to restore the connection with SM. In this case to complete the upgrade, AP and SM need to be upgraded to 16.2 BETA-5 and follow the below steps:
When AP and SM has 16.2 BETA-5 software version:
• If SM is upgraded to 16.2 without AP upgrade, SM will not be able to register with AP. In this case if AP is upgraded to 16.2, SM will be able to register with AP.
• If AP is upgraded to 16.2 without SM upgrade, SM will be able to register with AP.

1 Like

I've suddenly lost my ability to web proxy into customer radios via a 450m 3 GHz.  Can anyone tell me if this is a known bug or if it should be working?

We didn't make any config changes to the AP and the web proxy function is just returning ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE now.

Seems to work on 450m in 5ghz.  We have not updated our 3ghz units yet though.

Hi Josh,

This is not a known issue. We just verified on couple of 3GHz 450m APs, with and without CBRS.

Could you please share "engineering.cgi" from the AP, @ balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com.

Thanks,

Balaji

Thank you. That answers my question.

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with CBRS not working under 16.2.2 firmware? We have a on-prem Maestro (2.4.1-r10) that we are using as a sandbox to get familiar with CBRS prior to bringing the rest of the network onboard, with cnMaestro as HTTP Proxy. 2 450 APs and 3 SMs, all were running 16.2.1 without issue for the past week and connected to CBRS. This morning after updating all devices to 16.2.2 firmware through Maestro, the APs are getting stuck in the Granted state, none of the SMs ever came back online and are not showing up in CBRS status.

Rebooted AP with no change.
Sync button in Maestro did nothing as the devices report as already synched. Tried disable CBRS/reboot/enable CBRS on the AP, deregistered all devices from the CBRS management tool with no change. APs never went beyond Granted.

Rolled APs back to 16.2.1 and all devices are Authorized and online again, SMs remain on 16.2.2

I opened a technical ticket about the issue and they were able to determine the issue was with using “cnMaestro as HTTP proxy.” The devices were not making the correct connections to the SAS so the heartbeat was timing out. We configured an external HTTP proxy and the equipment is working.

Unrelated to the mentioned CBRS issues, but we have had 3 PMP450 3.65GHz SMs drop connection and show “Radio Not Calibrated” following an update to 16.2.2.

The latest happened just minutes after upgrading with CNUT. Of course this required rolling a truck, as the only way to confirm or see the error message is to connect directly to the SM. Our tech then had to replace the SM and bring it back to the office. As in my experience re-calibrating a radio requires opening a support ticket with Cambium and scheduling a remote session.