PMP450x Release 16.2 is now available

“Cambium is officially releasing 16.2 Software.   This software introduces 3 new features:

1. CBRS (official release:  Cambium CBRS version 1.0)
  2. 4.9GHz support on 450m AP’s
  3. OTAR feature

See the PMP release notes for more details.   Software and radio documentation,  including the CBRS Standalone procedures document, can be found here:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmp450/

In particular,  CBRS BETA users should make note of the suggested 2 step process of upgrading to BETA-5, then upgrading their AP to 16.2 build official, then upgrading the SM’s to 16.2 build official.  See the release notes for more details.

On the same day as this Radio software release, Cambium is releasing cnMaestro cloud version 2.4.0 and On-Premise version 2.3.2.   

See:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/

For the NOC software and documentation on the NOC version.    The CBRS focused BETA servers have already been upgraded to 2.4.0.

In particular, for any CBRS BETA customers,  please make note that the CBRS management tool will not be enabled after your cnMaestro cloud server has been upgraded to 2.4.0 until you’ve updated your contact information and entered payment information.  See the CBRS standalone procedures document, posted on the 16.2 site listed above.

2 Likes

I say the latest verion PMP firmware but did not see cnMaestro's verion you referenced in your post.  Do you know when this will be posted?

I assume we can go directly from 16.1.1 to 16.2 on 3.6 gear?

@hci wrote:

I assume we can go directly from 16.1.1 to 16.2 on 3.6 gear?

yes.

@mvandebrake wrote:

I say the latest verion PMP firmware but did not see cnMaestro's verion you referenced in your post.  Do you know when this will be posted?

I don't understand what you're asking for. Can you please be more clear? Are you looking for the 16.2 firmware revision for cnMaestro on premise?

In the case that mvandebrake was referring to the On-Premises cnMaestro version, I edited Lena's post above to be a bit more clear. It's version 2.3.2 (it actually says 2.3.2 CBRS OVA on the webpage).

If that doesn't clear things up for you, please post a follow up message with additional detail. Thanks.

Any reason not to use on PTP450 gear?  Deployed on couple and seems fine.

@hci wrote:

Any reason not to use on PTP450 gear?  Deployed on couple and seems fine.

hci, It's absolutely fine to use for PTP 450 as well. 16.2 includes a small PPS improvement, which will help a tiny bit if your radios are running near 100% CPU.

1 Like

Can be upgraded directly from 16.0.1?

It's ok use CNUT o cnMaestro?

@Telemar wrote:

Can be upgraded directly from 16.0.1? YES

It's ok use CNUT o cnMaestro? YES and YES

can anyone confirm if the frame utilazaion bug being reported in 16.1.1 and 16.1.1.1 exists in this firmware or not?

It appears to be a problem in 16.2 as well... this is from moving to 16.1 to 16.2.

You can clearly see when I updated to 16.2 on the 19th.

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

can anyone confirm if the frame utilazaion bug being reported in 16.1.1 and 16.1.1.1 exists in this firmware or not?

I confirm that we have reproduced higher frame utilization in the uplink. It appears to be just a reporting issue, where the traffic is not impacted, even though the frame utilization is higher. We are investigating and will get back to you. Sorry for the worry. At this point I do not think there is a strong reason to downgrade for this issue, but we'll let you know more as we root cause it.

Anyone seeing it on 450m as well? 

1 Like

Thanks Eric for that graph.

We did seem to see perfomance issues with throughput when running 16.1.1.1 that went away when we went back to 16.1 so it might be more then just a reporting bug.

Ill wait to hear back before going higher then 16.1 for now. The auto frame utilazation in 16.1 is a really nice feature and definatly helped on our crowded APs.

1 Like

Anyone seeing issues with older 450 PMP gear running 16.1 or 16.1.1.1 upgrading to 16.2?  CNUT seems to push it out but when the subs reboot they are on the original version.

Push it out to 450i or 450M and the SM's come up fine on 16.2

Hello @internetcom, do you have any engineering.cgi captures from the APs or failed SMs to share by chance?