PMP450x Release 20.0.1 is now available

Just had a PMP450b reset itself to factory defaults a week or two after it was updated to 20.0.1. On top of that it is now thinking its a 4mbit SM. Anyone else see anything like this?

A post was split to a new topic: PMP450b SM freezing and disconnecting

Follow up to my post.

I have been working with our support vendor (3D-P) for Cambium and Rajant devices. This week we recreated to problem and pulled logs for Cambium support. They have acknowledge this as a known problem and is under investigation.

I have asked for a little more detail is it is more of a Cambium issue or related to Rajant devices.

EDIT: Just heard back from 3D-P and itā€™s apparently an issue with any ethernet devices after the SMs.

Since updating to 20.0.1, we are having lockups on our older 450 APs.
Weā€™ve had one every few days. a reboot brings them back. Iā€™ve had one do it twice now. Looking in logs, I donā€™t see anything unusual.

Itā€™s not all of them locking up, just every few days one of them somewhere locks up.

Do you have your APā€™s monitored by cnMaestro? Have you tried disabling cnMaestro remote monitoring option in the AP? (donā€™t do this for 3GHz APā€™s connected to CBRS) What version of cnMaestro are you running?

I have seen this on our network. We found that an older version of cnMaestro was causing much of those issues. We still see it from time to time and temporarily disable remote monitoring for APā€™s that are repeat offenders (If they are 5GHz)

I want to upload this version on some 450m.
The reset to default issue on the SMā€™s happened again?

What problem that could be?

Anyone noticing issues with v20.0.1 SMs after power cycle or reboot defaulting or etc?

Any news on what people see regarding the CNMaestro causing lockups of APs requiring a reboot?

Also any news on the various features not supported on 450m coming? Autocontention for instance?

Hi Jeff,
Good to know. We have a Rajant and Cambium site that we just upgraded and it broke our mesh. Downgraded to 16.2.3. This site has a mixture of PMP450 and PMP450i.
Funnily enough we have a cisco mesh and cambium site that is running 20.x with no issues at all. This site is purely PMP450i.

What did you upgrade to? We fixed an issue found in 20.0.1 with the downlink Broadcast channel getting locked up that is fixed in 20.1.

FYI Iā€™d also recommend 16.2.3.1 over 16.2.3.

Anyone still having this issue with Cambium and Rajant? I just tried to uplift 1 SM and AP to 20.2.2.1 and I had the same issues as 20.0.1

Iā€™ve reached out to 3D-P for an update as they have been monitoring this issue as it affects lots of their clients.

3D-P hasnā€™t tested 20.3.1.1 yet but still not resolved on previous releases.

Iā€™m not sure what the issue is here with Rajant, but FYI weā€™ve found an issue introduced in 20.3 where IPv6 multicast can be sent from SM to AP and back to same SM that might be the cause of this issue. Stay posted for a fix for that.

Is there a customer support ticket already open for it?

I donā€™t have a case open, I primarily work with 3D-P for support on our Cambium and Rajant devices. My understanding is 3D-P has been working with Cambium and Rajant on the issue.

For the first time we have an AP 450m just reset itself.

About 20 clients didnt come back once we had reconfigured.

Not ideal for carrier grade equipment.