Cambium is officially releasing the PMP450x Radio 20.3 software.
Radio software and documentation can be found on the support site and cnMaestro cloud.
The System Release 20.2 includes a channel hunt feature such that if an operators grants on an AP were terminated, and that termination from the SAS did not include a useable smaller EIRP, the AP would randomly select an available channel from the SAS indicated subset of available channels, and automatically move the sector to this new channel.
The System Release 20.3 adds significant improvements to the channel hunt feature, which are mentioned below:
- Instead of randomly selecting a new channel, the AP/BHM will use channel information provided in the Spectrum Inquiry Response message from the SAS as well as the AP’s own spectrum scan information to select the best channel available to move to.
- In System Release 20.3, the channel hunt now also takes place not just on terminations, but also on DPA triggered suspensions of the entire spectrum of the sector. The AP will carefully select the best available channel to move to temporarily while DPA is in effect on the original channels. When the original channels are re-authorized by the SAS, the AP/BHM will relinquish the temporary channels and move operations back to the original channels.
- The System Release 20.3 channel hunt feature will make use of the Max EIRP provided by the Google SAS for determining the EIRP to request for the new channels. This avoids an inefficiency in the System Release 20.2 channel hunt algorithm, where EIRP higher than that would be requested, causing the new channels to go into suspended state until CPAS. For Commscope and Federated Wireless SAS users, higher EIRP will/can still be requested, and the AP will make use of the same day grant functionality to get AUTHORIZATION immediately.
Earlier in the summer (2021) Federated Wireless deployed partial support for co-existence on their production SAS. The sector ID is now used for sorting of the Spectrum Inquiry Response channels. The Spectrum Reuse ID will be stored in the SAS for future use when Federated Wireless supports this parameter as well.
- In CBRS Management Tool, usage of Federated Wireless option is not supported for co-existence parameters in cnMaestro version 3.03 and 3.04
- This feature is targeted for cnMaestro 3.1 release. However, Federated Wireless and Commscope operators are encouraged to add their Spectrum Reuse IDs into the AP’s database on System Release 20.3 via direct edit on the AP’s UI Configuration → CBRS → Coexistence Parameters, or by pushing a template with this configuration item from cnMaestro.
|All 3GHz AP/BHM PMP products||CPY-17255, CPY-17392||Improvements to prevent grantRequests going out with slightly higher EIRP than suggested by the SAS in terminations, which causes a grant to go to suspended state.|
|All 3GHz AP/BHM PMP products||CPY-17389||Improvements to prevent CBRS Grant EIRP reduction when changing channels and bandwidths.|
|All AP/BHM PMP products||CPY-17169||AP sends grant request with higher EIRP than operator settings if it’s offered by the SAS.|
|450i and 450m||CPY-17354||Increased prioritization of CBRS task on 450i and 450m.|
|450SM||CPY-17352, CPY-17350, CPY-17355||MPU Violation crash.|
|All AP/BHM PMP products||CPY-17360||Low Priority Data Channel for LUID 3 not appearing under “Data Channel” statistics until auto-refresh.|
|450 AP||CPY-17435||Appropriate calibration values are saved to flash. Unlike, radios storing incorrect values.|
|All PMP SM/BHS products||CPY-17457||Operators advised to migrate to AAA. Add warning message BAM (Bandwith and Authentication Manager) not supported.|
|450i AP||CPY-17455||Problems with High Priority AUX port traffic on 20.x (not seen in previous 16.2.x builds) when using 450i AP.|
|All PMP AP/BHM products||CPY-17365||DL/UL modulation rate reductions seen in certain customers sites on 20.x builds (not seen on 188.8.131.52 software).|
|450 AP||CPY-17477||AP Frame Utilization statistics under heavy load incorrectly shows 0% instead of 100%.|
|All PMP AP/BHM products||CPY-17296||AP running System Release 20.x does not pass through IPv6 Multicast packets downstream.|
|All AP/BHM products||CPY-17283||Few cases with very high antenna Gain confirmed, a CBRS AP running Bandwidth > 10 MHz might see a small unexpected power reduction/limit after bootup.|
|All AP/BHM products||CPY-17475||SM dropped session due to Tx Audit with overloaded traffic and no CIR allocated.|
|All PMP AP/BHM products||CPY-17512||Network loop caused by bridging table conflict after idle SM’s removed.|
|3 GHz 450m||CPY-17527||Improved Modulation Rate adapt algorithm.|
|450b MicroPoP||CPY-17405||MicroPoP was capping SM to 4 Mbps aggregated when MIR source was AAA.|
|All PMP AP/BHM’s||CPY-17556||Configuration file does not have a variable for “MIMO Rate Adapt Algorithm”.|
|All PMP AP/BHM’s||CPY-17562||LQI Downlink SNMP Trap: Beacon LQI OID fixed and added Beacon Percent.|
|All 450 products||CPY-17537||Applied patch updated for vendor code.|
|3GHz CBRS AP/BHM||CNSSNG-21435||The grants for the temporary channels obtained when channel hunting due to suspension have a clear “tmp” indication in the Logs → CBRS page of the AP. However, this tmp indication is not currently shown on the cnMastro management tool.
|3GHz CBRS SM’s||CPY-17460||When temporary channels are obtained due to a suspension triggered channel hunt, the CBRS logs page on the AP clearly marks this temporary channels as TMP. In System Release 20.3, no such TMP indication for the grants for the SM’s (on the AP’s Logs → CBRS page).
|3 GHz CBRS devices||CPY-17357||Cambium shows a TMP flag on the HOME-> Session Status page of the AP for all grants that are considered temporary due to being obtained via “same day grant”. However, this flag is currently only shown with FW SDG implementation, not with Commscope SDG implementation. Also, if with FW, there are some inefficiencies and inaccuracies in a few cases on when the flag is set and cleared"
|450b MicroPoP||CPY-17383||The Invalid Message Count field on the Sync Status UI page increments by one every second on a MicroPoP Connectorized AP whenever the on-board GPS is active. This issue affects only the connectorized hardware and is not seen on the omni/sector MicroPoP versions.
This issue is considered as invalid statistic, which does not cause any issue with sync stability.