System Release 184.108.40.206 is a maintenance release of System Release 21.1 with primarily bug fixes. It also is now the minimum version required for operating the new 3 GHz 450m P7 hardware.
Several software bugs are fixed in System Release 220.127.116.11. The primary fix driving the release is CPY-18021, impacting PMP 450m APs. This bug was introduced in System Release 21.1 and is now fixed in System Release 18.104.22.168.
PMP 450m operators are encouraged to avoid System Release 21.1 and move their APs to System Release 22.214.171.124.
Problems and limitations corrected in System Release 126.96.36.199
450 SMs, running System Release 21.1, randomly lose some saved parameters due to flash backup failure. These could be configuration items that resulted in the SM no longer being able to be in session with the AP.
Fixed rare invalid character in GPS table that resulted in an error when parsing engineering dump.
Various parameter edits caused unexpected bandwidth changes on 450m.
Fixed for Indonesia regulatory limits in 2.4 GHz band.
Fixed reset due to memory leak when NTP servers are unreachable in System Release 21.0 and System Release 21.1.
Downlink Modulation was not updating on cnMaestro in System Release 21.1, change AP OID name back to rateAdapt.
Fixed for Indonesia regulatory limits in 5.8 GHz band.
TXFB tracking outside of tolerance after upgrading to System Release 21.1.
@Charlie I updated a 450m and 450b high gain subs and one of the subs got stuck in a loop of Scanning, Syncing and Registering… then it would go back to scanning and the loop would continue. I tried rebooting the SM but the loop continued and it would never finalize the registration. I put the SM back to 21.1 and it registered to the AP instantaneously.
Craptacular. This is the first report I’ve heard of this, and we ran 188.8.131.52 betas for a long time. Would you PM me the engineering.cgi of the SM and the AP? Not sure if there will be anything helpful in there or not since the unit has been downgraded, but worth a look.
It is still under initial investigation. I have yet to get any logs or more info from @DigitalMan2020, I’ll reach out again to see if he can get some info. In the meantime, there’s also no other customers reporting any issues yet either.
I have gotten two screenshots but nothing else to look at yet, unfortunately. We have not received any reports from any other customers seeing something like this. So it is a bit of a mystery at this point while this one SM had an issue while we have over 5000 radios updated on the cloud to 184.108.40.206 with no similar issues reported.
I’ve indentified interference which was responsible for the SM not connecting back. It was seen from the AP’s Spectrum Analysis. I don’t think it is 220.127.116.11 specifically. On another attempt, after a long time eventually the SM connected even while on 18.104.22.168. We switched it to 20 MHz and the SM connected on its first attempt.
I’m continuing the investigation and there still remains no other similar reports, so 22.214.171.124 is looking like a stable release.