POE Switches

I work for an WISP that has been using UBNT for the past 5yrs and have been utilizing Netonix switches for our sites.  We are currently testing the Cambium AP and SM with positive results and now are wondering if we can continue to use the POE on the switch or turn it off and use injectors that come with the AP's? If so, what is the recomended power setting and does anyone  have a recommended replacement?

We use the Netonix switches as well.  

If you are using a ePMP 1000 GPS radio, use a normal Ethernet cable and set the Netonix to 48v to power it.

If you are using a non GPS radio (Force 180, Force 200, 1000 non-sync), you need to do two things.

1) swap 2 pairs of pins on one end of the Ethernet cable

2) use 24v to power the radio (since the non-GPS radios come with 30v supplies)

For the pair swapping, see this forum on Netonix:

https://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1215&start=10#p11213

There is some debate about having to swap pins on the newer Force 200 radios but in my experience, you still need to. 

I really wish all the ePMP radios would support the same 48v 802.3at or af standard across the board.  I killed a radio by "assuming".

I was curious about this as well. As of now, we are using Ubiquiti Toughswitches. Would we still use the 48v supplied by the switch to power the sync radios as well?

GPS sync radios (1000 GPS and 2000 GPS) can handle 48v. Just don't plug that 48v into a non-sync radio...

>There is some debate about having to swap pins on the newer Force 200 radios but in my experience, you still need to. 

We have swapped out 150+ Ubiquiit customer radios with Force200 / 180 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz without changing the uqiquiti power supply on many/most of them.  The only ePMP radios that require reverse polarity are the 5Ghz connectorized and the original style 5Ghz integrated.  I do not know if more recent 5Ghz connectorized CPE radios are polarity sensitive or not and if they are still making the old style conectorized 5Ghz CPE the new ones may or may not be polarity sensitive ( I don't know, haven't ordered any in a while). All of t he 2.4Ghz ePMP radios will, and always have, run on either polarity.

The 24v VS 30v may be debatable though. If you are in a warm climet it probably wont' be an issue but if you are in an area where it gets cold enough and you are using 24v  the radios may fail to start up  when the chip heaters kick on.

So if I am using a ubnt tough switch pro poe and change the votage to 48v I should be ok using a normal ethernet cable to power up epmp 1000 2.4 ghz ap's ?

Greetings to all, reversing the power of the poe 4 5 and  7 8 the force 180 and 200 also works gigabit? I want use it with edgeswitch poe 150w

With Force180 and Force200 you can use normal passive 24v POE like UBNT/Mikrotik use and they work perfectly gigabit mode.

The problem now is with the new Force300 because they use "old" 48v reverse POE and you've to swap pins to get them work gigabit! Very bad since these are the only products at 48v that works in that way!

We are using the Netonix switches extensively on all types of Cambium radios - Force 190, Force 200, ePMP1000 (sync and non-sync), ePMP2000, PMP450i, PMP670, cnPilot e410, cnPilot e500 - and on none of these did we need to modify any cables - the devices simply work with the standard cabling.  The only radio we have not tested so far is the Force 300.  I would be interested to find out if anybody has tested the Force 300.

I was unable to make them work without a different pinout.  But I have heard that the newer radios don't have that issue... but again, I haven't been able to test that.