Power PTP820c Solar

Anyone here powering a PTP820c at a solar site? What are you using for power? I am currently powering a PTP820s through a Netonix switch but I don’t think it has the POE budget to support a 820c.

I would suggest direct DC power to the ODU with the appropriate surge protection. I am not a fan of POE as I see it for a point of failure. Plus its cost effective no special POE switch to purchase.

AB

Hello Sir,

You need an DC TO AC inverter that will have a DC input and generate AC power of at least 150 Watts to power the PTP 820C radio with a AC power injector (PTP 820C INDOOR AC POE INJECTOR, 90 WATT, PART NUMBER: N000082L164) and any other devices like a router to be used at the site. With this, you will buy aside the inverter.

If you use a DC cable, you will need to buy the right DC cable from Cambium Networks and a connector that will allow the cable to be insertered into the PTP 820C radio. Here are the accessories needed:

1. PTP 820 Outdoor_DC_cbl_2x18AWG_drum with part number: N000082L019A
  2. PTP 820 DC Connnector with part number: N000082L065A

Refer to this link on page 50:

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

The solar site is currently using DC to power the POE switch and any other devices needed. Trying to avoid an DC to AC Inverter.I went ahead and ordered some of the DC connectors needed for the radios. I already have some DC Cable for the link.

Any one have a good recommendation for 24v to 48v converter that will support the load of a PTP820C. Didn’t go with the HP model so power usage should be around 68watts according to spec sheet.

Edit: I did find this one online that I will order unless someone else has a model they have used and can recommend.
https://www.trcelectronics.com/View/Mean-Well/RSD-200B-48.shtml?gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTKKWOO8l0yZLsyGJ7mmkVXF_o-bJnQjkChrl2jq-Tq5SOn2K-rQHPRoCRo4QAvD_BwE

Hello Sir,

this one should be Ok as long you have the input required Voltage and power for it:

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe