Power Supply for PMP 450m

Good morning,

We want testing a brand new PMP 450m. Which power supply we can use without CMM5?

I heard that is the same of PTP 650...

In our warehouse we have find a PTP 650 power supply (image attached). Is compatible?

If not, which power supply we must buy?

Thank you!

The recommended PSU is the same as the PTP650 AC+DC unit, as that has more wattage. The part number for this is C000065L002C. It may also still be available on the previous revision PN of C000065L002B.

You have the AC POE injector for the 650, which I do not believe has enough power for Medusa.

1 Like

Thank you!

Does anyone know how much power medusa needs? Just wordering if i can power it with netonix switch.

@Juan Marriott wrote:

Does anyone know how much power medusa needs? Just wordering if i can power it with netonix switch.

There's a thread over on the Netonix forums where someone was asking about this. You can find it HERE. Basically, people are saying you can, but it doesn't work well as it can't provide enough power.

If I were you, I'd provide the 450m power and sync (something the Netonix can't do) using a Packetflux rackinjector. We've used these and they work great with the 450m.

1 Like

We also use the Packetflux Rackinjector with a -48 input connected to our battery banks. Works very well.

We are looking at something like ICT for the 450M 3.65

http://www.ict-power.com/product/dc-power-distribution/

1 Like

Hello Juan-

If this helps the power usage for a PMP 450m 5 Ghz AP is:

Power Consumption 70 W typical, 80 W peak (up to 110 W max with AUX port PoE enabled)

I copied the information from the spec sheet.

Dave

Will the old PIDU (500/600) work with the Medusa?

Yes, even the older PIDU can support up to 80W, and should power the 5 GHz 450m adequately.