Problem Passing Sync from Cyclone Timing Mod to new AP's

Any help is appreciated. I am upgrading an existing tower from a Moto 900 Omni to (3) Moto ap’s with MTI 120 deg antenna. I purchased the Cyclone timing module for this site to provide GPS sync. After finding we have a bad cable out of the box and getting it replaced, I have the CTM-1 up and running. It sees 9 Satellites, has Sig S/N (db) of 42, show Timing of “FIX” with good antenna power. However, the 3 AP’s are NOT recieving sync.

I have the AP’s configured to: "Sync to Recieved Signal (Power Port) just as I do on my other towers that connect to a Moto CMM.

This should have been a 10 minute job, now 6 hours later I’m ready to just order the MOTO CMM.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,

dlc wrote:
Any help is appreciated. I am upgrading an existing tower from a Moto 900 Omni to (3) Moto ap's with MTI 120 deg antenna. I purchased the Cyclone timing module for this site to provide GPS sync. After finding we have a bad cable out of the box and getting it replaced, I have the CTM-1 up and running. It sees 9 Satellites, has Sig S/N (db) of 42, show Timing of "FIX" with good antenna power. However, the 3 AP's are NOT recieving sync.

I have the AP's configured to: "Sync to Recieved Signal (Power Port) just as I do on my other towers that connect to a Moto CMM.

This should have been a 10 minute job, now 6 hours later I'm ready to just order the MOTO CMM.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Is this CTM-1 providing the timing over the ethernet port? If so then you should be setup right, if it is providing a timing signal over the RJ11 then you need to tell the AP to get the timing from the timing port instead.

Mike,

The CTM-1 does NOT have any physical connections for the timing cable, only the Power/Data cable. There is NOT a setting in the CTM to specify any options of how to provide timing, therefore, I have to assume it will provide over the Ethernet since this is the only connection to the radio.

Thanks

dlc wrote:
Mike,

The CTM-1 does NOT have any physical connections for the timing cable, only the Power/Data cable. There is NOT a setting in the CTM to specify any options of how to provide timing, therefore, I have to assume it will provide over the Ethernet since this is the only connection to the radio.

Thanks

Yeah I just looked at the product on the last mile gear site, interesting box. Was hoping to see a product manual but couldn't see one on the site.

So the top ports go to the radio and the bottom ports go to your switch? What are the [Network][Out] ports for?

The Network port also connects to your switch, it is used to manage the CTM-1 via the network. The Out port which is called a slave port on the newest CTM-1 is for future expansion or daisy chaining of the CTM’s.

The manual is available at: http://www.lastmilegear.com/catalog/dow … ctm-1m.pdf