Problems with intermitent 900 Mhz

I am a customer, i dont know if i am one of apollos. But i am having the same problem. I can surf the internet or play a game online. Everything super fast looking good then all of a sudden my connection stops. Stop on my 2 laptops also. Some times for a minute or so sometimes longer. Is there anythin i can do on my end? Any more info you guys would like?

Thanks
Randy

I’d probably say hook up 1 PC straight into the SM to eliminate any router/switch issues on your side.

Then you can go to start->run and type command.

Do a ping request to an IP address…like for instance google or something.

(64.233.161.99 or whatever)

ie: in the black MS-DOS looking window, type ping www.google.com -t

This will do a continuous ping to google…you could also do ping 64.233.161.99 -t in another command prompt and this will eliminate DNS issues.

If when your internet dies, you’re getting request timed out on the PC then most likely the SM is re-registering with the AP. Chances are you probably don’t have a login to access the SM’s webpage either. Best bet is probably to send someone that speaks technical from your ISP here.

Yes the problems are w/ 8.1.4.

Well i have tried the one pc thing. I can be surfing then all of a sudden i get No Page can be displayed. Sometimes it will connect right back some times i have to hit the “repair” button in the connection status. Sometimes i restart my pc and it goes back working. i will be playing online games and have a ping of around 100 which is excellent then my ping with shoot real high and most of the time i will get disconnected. Do you think its on my end or my providers end? Thanks.