PtP 550 Channel Bonding

Hi all,
Have a 40mhz channel ptp that has a bit of interference so decided to take the 40 and split it between 2 20mhz channels. Radio 1 connected fine but Radio 2 would not connect and finalize, would connect for a second but then disappear. on the slave side in the wireless tab radio 2 would show that criteria was met but then switch to “no capacity is zero” and it would also show “Rejected-Invalid Wireless Security Key” but it would show “yes” in criteria met but continue to display rejected invalid wireless security key. I quadropple checked the key and it was entered in correctly and furthermore radio connected with no issue
I tried on 4.5 and 4.4.3 firmware same result. Any help would be fantastic!

We had the same problems with the PTP550 - my guess was that the AP/Master side ‘thought’ it was full - since it’s association limit is a maximum of 1 SM. Anyway, I reviewed the AP/Master unit and for me, that then worked.

Also - 4.5.4 is newly out, so maybe that is resolved now… Worth a try.

Thanks ninedd, appreciate the reply! I put a ticket in with cambium and they said its because of the invalid wireless key but if radio 1 connects fine then that doesnt make sense to me because its one key for both correct?

“Anyway, I reviewed the AP/Master unit and for me, that then worked.” What do you mean in this statement? What did you do for it to work?

Sorry - that was auto correct on my phone ‘rebooted’, not ‘reviewed’. I rebooted the AP/Master unit, and that worked for me.

So - for me, I got that same error (“no capacity is zero”) and I understand that to mean that the AP radio (each of them) has a hard limit of 1 SM to be associated. I think it get’s confused, and ‘‘thinks’’ there is a radio linked, and therefor rejects the connection with a “capacity is zero” error.

I also reported it and I also got a bunch of suggestions from someone who didn’t appear to have ever used one before… and then for me, I ended up making the settings all the way I was sure it was proper, and I saved - and I rebooted the AP. When it came back up, both slave units then associated… which I assumed was because on reboot, it’s ‘‘association table’’ was cleared to ‘0’ for sure - and therefor ‘‘capacity was 1’’

Anyway - I don’t know - in my opinion, the PTP550 are an odd product and we’re not deploying them anymore either. The ones we have in the field work OK, we probably won’t pull them out and replace them, but we probably will just keep the others on the shelf as spares.

It is necessary to make a new functionality for the 2 + 0 mode FDD so that data is transmitted on one frequency, and on the other it is received (Same as AF11).

Hey, Im not sure Im following at all on your post?[quote=“kaknub, post:5, topic:70001, full:true”]
It is necessary to make a new functionality for the 2 + 0 mode FDD so that data is transmitted on one frequency, and on the other it is received (Same as AF11).
[/quote]

Thanks ninedd, when I was having issues I tried to reboot, reviewed settings and still had the same issue. When I first setup one of my 550 links I just tried the channel bonding for fun and it worked flawlessly, not sure what has changed… going to update to 4.5.4 and see what happens.

1 Like

I found the PTP550 pretty fragile too. Every change, and hold your breath to see if that worksd, or if it kicks an error. We eventually got it linked and working, rebooted it, and it relinked… and tiptoed away.

But the PTP550 is an odd product - with really no way to work on the link and optimize channels even. Make any change, and it tears everything down and drops all traffic on both links.

At the very least, we should be able to:
a) change channels seamlessly.
b) change configuration on one of the links, without tearing down the second link

and c) there should be a mode to TX on one radio/frequency and to RX on the other radio/frequency.

As it is, I don’t really understand it.

Thanks ninedd for the reply, sorry for my late reply. I am glad you stated what you did because for a bit I thought I was going crazy for a little bit and thought I was the only one lol! Thanks again!