PtP 550 Going from 2 to 4 chain

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever encountered the issue of the pics Ive provided.  The only change made was upgrading to 4.5 and putting them into eptp mode.  The pics are of the eAlign in the slave GUI, just keeps jumping back and forth.  Before eptp never had this haapen...also have two other ptp 550 links in eptp mode and this is not happening.  Thanks!

*UPDATE*  Sorry all of the slaves are doing this.

Yes, we see that on the slave side of F300c links too. I was trying to upload a video capture of it a couple days ago, but the forums don't really allow video uploads.

The AP/Master side in a ePTP link also has eAlign and it's fine, but the SM/Slave side bounces back and forth, making it difficult to read and aim.

Hi ninedd,

thank you for the reply.. yes exactly what you described is what is happening on the ptp 550 slaves for us... I'm wondering if a ticket should be raised with cambium?  I also tried to load a video lol, and it says video in the post options but can't.   Also did you encounter a huge throughput increase?  I have a 5.2km link and on TDD PtP I had a total aggregate of 275mbps and now with ePTP mode I have a total aggregate 430mpbs.

hi ninedd,

any headway on this for you?

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

hi ninedd, any headway on this for you?

Hi. No, not really, but I haven't really had time to work on the issue.

But I'm also not sure if it's an issue or just another cosmetic GUI issue.  On a recent point-to-point link we installed, I can get 310 Mbit aggregate (250+ Mbit download and 60+ Mbit upload)  in a single 40 Mhz channel.  In the eAlign on the client/slave - it is 'flapping', but I can get 310 Mbit over the link,so  it's got to be functioning properly... I think?

Is that a PtP 550 link?  Also what kind of success have you had with force 25 ptp?  what kind of distances with decent throughput are you acheiving?  Im looking at some micro pop setups soon.

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Is that a PtP 550 link?  Also what kind of success have you had with force 25 ptp?  what kind of distances with decent throughput are you acheiving?  Im looking at some micro pop setups soon.

@ninedd said: "I can get 310 Mbit aggregate (250+ Mbit download and 60+ Mbit upload) at 27 KM - in a single 40 Mhz channel."

The links I was referring to are Force300c links.  We are pairing Force 300c - mainly with 30 or 34 db dishes - and we have links up to 27 and 31 KM which are doing 300+ Mbit (in 40Mhz wide).  We do also have some PTP-550 links as well... especailly if there's a noisy place where we need to piece together a couple different chunks to make some usable spectrum, and have built in redundacy with the dual radios.

But for economical, long distance, reliable, FAST links - - we are also loving the Force 300c paired with the appropriate antennas.  Plus, it's good to know that if we outgrow the Force 300c's in those locations, we can basically drop in a PTP550c onto those same antennas.

Thanks ninedd,

I have another question I hope you can help me with... I have a 32km link and my total aggregate is 330mbps.  At the tower, where slave is, I can only pull 90-100 mbps.. I dont not believe it is an upstream issue with bandwidth supplier.

Hi.  I'm not sure I understand your question.  Can you restate what you're asking?

Hey no problem, I solved the issue... but before I discovered the problem I was asking for insight to why my ptp550 link test showed total aggregate 300mbps but my bandwidth test between routers was only 97mbps and my speed test was only 97mbps and was wondering if you had any insight... but as I looked over everything my router port, that has my master ptp550 plugged into, for some reason it was only negotiating at 100mbps full and not 1000mbps.  I am puzzled why it went from 1G to 100mbps but a simple reboot fixed everything.  I really appreciate you responding, take care!

Oh, OK.  Glad it cleared up - cheers. :)

Meanwhile...   ...we are still puzzled on what the 2 chain / 4 chain flapping in the display is all about. LOL

Ya.... same here.... I have to say everything seems fine... not sure.. I do have some higher ping issues with some gaming customers.. not sure if its related.

@ninedd wrote:

Oh, OK.  Glad it cleared up - cheers. :)

Meanwhile...   ...we are still puzzled on what the 2 chain / 4 chain flapping in the display is all about. LOL

Hi ninedd,

I still do not have any answers on this 2chain to 4chain flapping.. any insight yet?

Nope, sorry - I don't have any more insights. 

@ninedd wrote:

Nope, sorry - I don't have any more insights. 

Okay, thank you!