PtP 550 Link

Hi all,

Have a ptp 550 link, about 4.5km, the link test is at about 250mbps total aggregate on a single 40mhz channel.  Now when I do a speed test on the slave side I only get about 90mbps down and 40mbps up.  Ive got a 200/200 demarc.  Ive also conducted a mikrotk bandwidth test from router to router and they are almost identical to my ptp 550 link test.  Could this be an upstream issue with my last mile provider?

Thanks!

Hi DigitalMan,

Couple of calrification questions

1. Is link test and router test showcasing 250 Mbps or 130 Mbps(90 DL +40 ULMbps) ?

2. What device is connected after the PTP 550 slave radio ?

Thanks

Sagar 

Hi,

1.The link test and router test are showing 230 down and 20 up... total aggregate of 250mbps

2. The link has mikrotik cloud core routers on each side.

Thanks!

On master side, is router fiber or backhaul fed? 

Have you connected a pc directly to router on master side and peformed a speed test?

@CWB wrote:

On master side, is router fiber or backhaul fed? 

Have you connected a pc directly to router on master side and peformed a speed test?

Hi CWB,

Master side my router is feed from the fiber modem.  I have connected directly to the modem and performed speed tests via speedtest.com and the results were brutal, on a 200mbps down service I was testing at anywhere from 60-90mbps and my ping was 60ms.   Ran an iperf to my suppliers server, connected directly to fiber modem, and it showed an issue with the service, basically I was only recieving 40-45% of my actual allocated service.  They took off the policer of my service which made 500mbps available but the iperf showed that there was only 40-45% being received of the 500mbps service.  The strangest thing of all is that doing speedtests on speedtest.com I only get around 80-90mbps down and thats connected straight to the fiber modem.  

Hi, did this got resolved? Got same issue with PTP670. Reporting 60mbps but only getting 6mbps actual.

Hi LeoMisa,

I am still working on my issue but i think the issue lies with my wholesale provider not my link.. but once I get their end squared away i will know for sure.