PTP 600 Painting

We have a customer that plans to backhaul video streams from a soccer field to the corporate office. It’s a very short hop so we’ll go integrated. The unusual request is the need to paint the ODU completely with dark green paint so it will blend with the existing light pole on which it will be mounted. I know we can use latex so as not to interfere with the panel antenna but I am seriously concerned with the temperature rise this will cause compared to the white coating. This is in the Raleigh, NC area and summer temps can reach 100 F and the radio will work to 140F. I wonder if there would be a warranty issue as well?

Ideas or recommendations from the Cambium Team? Has anyone run into this before?

Hi Ralph

we do have some customers who paint their ODU’s various colours to blend in with the surroundings - just don’t use a metalic paint!

We do rate our ODU’s upto 140F, and have plenty of customers operating their units in harsh conditions, so I don’t think you will have an issue there.

As for warranty - we would still cover the workings of the unit - we would not cover the case of the ODU, for example if the new paint reacted with the existing paint and the unit then suffered from corrosion.

Regards
Julian