PTP 670 alignment

Dear Mates 

How can I know my alignment is good , I have PTP 670 link and I aligned it to the best direction but I didn't get good bandwidth , I am asking what I have monitor when I align 

Your Replies Really Appreaciated 

It is always good to create a LINKPlanner project for a PTP 670 link. From LINKPlanner you can find the predicted Total Path Loss. In your PTP 670, you can find Link Loss in the System Status web page or in the Diagnostic Plotter. The two loss figures should be the same within 5 dB. Normally they are closer than this. If there is a difference bigger than 5 dB then it is likely that the antennas are not aligned correctly, or that the link has obstructions in the path that are not modelled in LINKPlanner. Please check, and tell us what you find.

1 Like

Hello, I would also encourage the use of our LINKPlanner design tool in order to get a good starting point for antenna bearing, tilt and expected RSL during alignment. Here is a good 'getting started' video on LINKPlanner.  With the PTP670, there is a section within the GUI called the graphical install page that will assist with the alignment process.  More detail about that process and antenna alignment best practices, take a look at this webinar: PTP Antenna Alignment .  Also, see page 457 of the latest PTP670 User Guide for more information (pic below).

Also, be sure to 'check' the interference boxes within LINKPlanner, and put in your minimum IP and availability requirements (e.g. 50Mbps at 99.99% of the time, each way) for more accurate predictive analysis.  You can use the Spectrum Expert section of the PTP670 in order to put the most accurate interference (noise floor) numbers into LINKPlanner.  Most of the time, with unlicensed PTP links, interference will be the main cause of problems.

If you aren't using a DSO (Dynamic Spectrum Optimization) setup on the PTP670, I would encourage you to do so.  DSO will automatically change channels to self-mitigate local interference.  We can also do this asymmetrically (side A can have a different Tx channel than side B).  I would reach out to your VAR, Distributor or Cambium RTM to help configure optimal DSO settings for your environment.

Lastly, make sure that the radios are 'disarmed' after the alignment process.  If the radio stays Armed, it will only pass data at very low modulation.