PTP 700 VS PTP 550

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me the main difference between PTP 700 and PTP 550?

REgards

PTP700, extremely rugged for industrial/military use, FPGA based, designed for the most challenging RF and nNLOS shots. Very Expensive.

PTP550, general use, WiFi 802.11ac Wave 2 based, designed for highest overall throughput by using large channel widths and carrier aggregation. Not too expensive.

The two are on different sides of Cambium's 5GHz PtP spectrum.

1 Like

Thanks, Eric,

Is there any official documenation from Cambium networks that should state the above mentioned pros and cons?

While I don't believe there's an official comparison matrix between these products, you can always compare specification sheets, which I've attached below.

1 Like

Ahmadjan,

Eric's summary of the two platforms is a good guide to what each is capable of. If you can provide us with some details on what you're looking for we can help you decide which platform is the best for you. They have different feature sets and capabilities as well as price points so depending on what you're looking to accomplish one will be clearly more appropriate than the other. 

1 Like

Thanks Brian,

I know there is huge price difference between the two, i am wondering what are the key features in PTP 700s that make such a big price difference.

Regards

@ahmadjan wrote:

Thanks Brian,

I know there is huge price difference between the two, i am wondering what are the key features in PTP 700s that make such a big price difference.

Two words... Military Applications.

Unless you're buying for military applications... buy the PTP670... it's a nearly identical radio spec-wise and performance wise at a fraction of the cost.