PTP Link Force 300 and 200

Hello.

I've bougth a Force 300 for use in AP mode. It's possible to use in PTP with a force 200 ( subscriber)?

Thanks

Not at this time. 

1 Like

@stefanogranata wrote:

I've bougth a Force 300 for use in AP mode. It's possible to use in PTP with a force 200 ( subscriber)?

Hi.  Your distributor should have mentioned that the current firmware release (ver 4.1.4) on the Force300's is for a Point-to-Point operation with another Force 300 only.

That being said, with the ePMP3000 Access Points shipping now, there will be some PTMP modes in the very near term, and undoubtedly more features as the firmware matures.

1 Like

Thanks for the replay and for help.

It’s the same, if use a F200 in AP mode and a F300 in station mode?
It’s not compatible, it’s true?
Thanks

@stefanogranata wrote:
It’s the same, if use a F200 in AP mode and a F300 in station mode?
It’s not compatible, it’s true?

Hi.  Just to be clear, Cambium has an excellent backwards/forwards compatibility record - wherever it's technically possible.  So, just to be clear, this is not a situation (like many other manufacturers) where they abandon compatibility between generations.  That's not the case here. :)

So to answer your question: No, the Force200 in AP mode (or any 1000/2000 series ePMP in AP mode) can not talk to a Force300 in SM mode, today.  They are not compatible today. That's simply because the Force300 hardware was ready before the fully mature software... so Cambium released the Force300 as a PTP device, with a Point-to-Point mode only.  

This will change in the near future.  Since the ePMP3000 AP's are shipping, that signals that the Point-to-MultiPoint firmware is quickly maturing and that PtMP features will be available soon.  Cambium has officially stated that there will most certainly be forward and backward compatibility - so that will mean that the ePMP1000/2000 (802.11n) in AP mode will talk to a 3000/300 (802.11AC) series SM's in a compatibility mode.  It also means that an ePMP3000 (AC) series AP will be able to talk to ePMP1000/100/2000/200 (N) series SM's as well.  So - there WILL be forward/backwards compatibility with all ePMP family products happily communicating... just not quite ready today.

SONY  (Soon, Only Not Yet)

1 Like

Do somebody knows if this is possible now???

I don't think the Force 300 has ePTP mode, but as long as you are on the latest 4.3.2 firmware and set it up as TDD (like an AP) then it would work I would imagine. 

I would also like to know this. I have a F300 upgraded to 4.3.2.1 and F200 I'm needing to connect to it but I'm afraid if I update it to 4.3.2.1  it won't connect to the v4.3.2.1 F300 or the v3.5.6 1000ap it is currently connected to.