PTP670 I forgot my password and

I forgot my password and can’t remember
I want to restore ptp670 settings
How do I do that
Can anyone help me?

Hello,

It’s annoying when that happens, isn’t it?

You can zeroise (erase) critical security parameters (CSPs) using the Recovery mode. This function will erase your existing passwords and reset the security configuration. It won’t change the rest of the configuration data.

See “Entering recovery mode” and “Zeroize Critical Security Parameters” headings in Chapter 7 of the User Guide.

If you need further help, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Recovery mode also provides an option to erase all configuration data, but it sounds like that won’t be needed if it’s just the password that’s a problem.

1 Like

Yes, I reset all the settings, but the license key that I brought gives lower frequencies than before

Where can I find the ptp670 platform version can you help me with this?

If you reset all configuration using the Recovery mode, then the License Key will be erased, and you will have to install it again in the first page of the Installation Wizard. It’s straightforward to re-generate the License Key using the support page at https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/licensekeys/ptp50670.

On the other hand, if you reset all configuration using the normal application firmware, then configuration data is erased but the License Key is retained.

When you say that the License Key gives lower frequencies, do you mean that it provides different Regulatory Bands, or lower power? If you re-generated the License Key, check that it is for the same country as the License Key you erased earlier.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help