PTP670 watchdog reset

Having more fun PTP670 issues... this time we're starting to see some watchdog reboots. We're using 2-70 w/cnMaestro enabled. Here's an example:

767 00:11:14 Jan 1 00:00:00 Kernel Warning event; cold_start; The unit's wireless bridge has reinitialized, reason=Watchdog Failure 27;
766 00:21:06 Mar 5 19:30:50 Kernel Warning event; sys_reboot; System Reboot, reason=Watchdog Failure 27:Device_Agent_Handler_Task;

Hi Kyle,

I logged this same problem with Cambium the other day. Having the problem on all my 670's when I click different options on the 670 to quickly or spectrum analyzer. The GUI crashes but the link is still live till watchdog reboots it. A work around I did was to enable telnet to the radio and then do a manual reboot when it stops responding.

Support advised they are aware of the isse and that a fix will be coming out in the next update.

We are indeed working on finding a solution to these problems. I think the post here actually highlights two distinct problems.

Mr. Ozrelic is showing us an unwanted restart triggered by the watchdog circuit. Watchdog Failure 27 on PTP 670 is the same as Watchdog Failure 26 on PTP 650. There are already some discussions of this in other topics. See PTP650 Watchdog Failure 26 .

We believe that this problem occurs under certain conditions when the ODU is managed using cnMaestro, after the ODU has been running for about 49 days and 17 hours. That's the range of a 32-bit count of milliseconds. I realize it's a lame workaround, but you might prefer to restart the ODU at the least inconvenient time before the 49 days 17 hours point is reached.

Mr. du Toit highlights the other problem. Here the ODU is not responding to management, but it has not restarted, and continues to pass traffic. See PTP670 master side management dead until reboot 

Any update on a fix for this?

The fix is targeted on next release 03-11, which will be released by end of May 2020.

We have released 670-01-49 and 670-02-72 which fixes the issue of watchdog  reboot when cnMaestro is enabled.

The software can be downloaded from the support site here.

Hi,

is there a simple way to disable the watchdog?

Paul

The watchdog that they’re talking about is not user manageable and it’s part of the underlying operating system on the radio.

No worries.Pity it cannot simply be disabled.