I’ve been made aware that the PTP820 series is EOL and no longer available for order. We’ve got a boatload of PTP820S and C in 11, 18 and 23GHz and spares are low. So I was asked if there’s any backwards compatibility between the 850 and 820. I couldn’t find any info (or my search skills are horrendous), so I figured I’d just come here and ask.
Any possibility, or are we looking at replacing both ends with 850’s?
No, they are not compatible with one another.
Hi George, if you want to upgrade 820S/820C to PTP 850, we are currently running a promotion for upgrading to PTP 850CX. You can contact our sales manager for more detail. Thanks,
Yonghao.
Is 850cx and 850c compatible with each other?
No, they are not compatible
I have browsed the 850cx documentation and did not notice official support for 4+0 XPIC that I have used with the 820C radios. Which newer radios officially support 4+0 XPIC in at least 80 Mhz channels?
Thanks, that table shows the 850C and 850CX support 4+0 and also a bit higher gain in 18GHz when it can be used as highlighted in green. However, currently I understand 4+0 could potentially be setup without or with using XPIC. So, I remain not sure right now. Full support clearly stated for XPIC 4+0 seemed to be something I remember the 820 C documentation clearly stating is supported. I am assuming 4+0 XPIC with at least 80 Mhz channel sizes probably is with the 850C and 850CX, or, that it might unofficially work but is not officially supported in the documentation so I was looking for clarification. This page PTP 850CX Data Sheet - Cambium Networks clearly states both 4+0 and 2+0 XPIC yet seems to potentially omit as if it will not work or is not supported 4+0 XPIC.
PTP 850CX does support 4+0 with XPIC. Even better, it supports layer1 Link bonding in such a situation, allowing single cable to deliver huge capacity.
Thanks,
Yonghao