PTP820S Getting "remote communication failure"

I have an 11GHZ PTP820S hop that I am getting a "remote communication failure" alarm in the logs.  It shows up in both ends of the hop.  I have looked at the RSSI logs in both ends and never see a drop out, and the MSE log never show a change.  What is this failure trying to tell me?  What should I be checking.

Thanks

Hi twowaygj,

The remote communication failure alarm indicates fade in the link.  What are the Rx level and MSE that you're seeing?  Have you planned this link in LINKPlanner?  If so, how do your Rx levels compare to the LINKPlanner prediction?  What is the availability predicted in LINKPlanner?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I am seeing an RSSI of -31 on one end and -30 on the other and my MSE is -40 to -41 on either end.  My logs do not show any change in RSSI or MSE on either end.  My linkplanner shows I should have -30 +/- 4dB.

Thanks

Those are good values.  We'll have to look into this some more to figure out why the link is dropping.  Can you open a case with our support team at support.cambiumnetworks.com?  We can review your LINKPlanner and get on a remote session to check your 820S configuration.

Thanks,

Steve