Public external portal possible with Hotspot?

I’d like to be able to have a central (single) external portal for my cambium hotspots. Is that possible? How?

The redirect URL is providing the private IP of the APs in the ga_srvr parameter. How can I get the AP to send its public IP?

Hi,

For your requirement, please configure portal mode as “WLAN->Guest Access->Portal Mode-> External Hotspot” and the “External Page URL” as your central Hotspot URL. Only requirement is once wireless client/mobile is connected to the wlan, it should have reachabilty to the External Portal, rest redirection part AP will handle. Please refer screenshot attached for configuration.

“ga_srvr” parameter in redirect URL is to inform the client, where the http POST need to be sent, so it will be AP’s private IP address, that should be fine for your requirement to work.

Thank You,
Divakar

1 Like

How am I supposed to be able to do the login post back to that ip address?

Actually we are wondering if we should be doing this via cnMaestro instead. My understanding is cnMaestro acts a proxy between the AP and external portal as well as a proxy for the radius request. Please advise.

Hi,

Can you please give the details about your setup topology and also can you please share the techsupport of the AP to “divakar.clement@cambiumnetworks.com
After going through the above details, i can suggest a solution for your requirement.

Thank You,
Divakar

We managed to do what we wanted via “Integrating External Captive Portal with cnMaestro API” Our posts go to cnMaestro and proxied to the AP and radius. All good now. Thanks for your assistance.

2 Likes