QOS on single device ( VoIP)

hi to all, sorry for my English i have this configuration

:                                                                                                    /->Router (PPPoE Client) 192.168.0.2/24

PPPoE Server ePMP ---AP(bridge) --ePMP STA(bridge) e---

\-> ATA VoIP (PPPoE Client) 192.168.0.3/24 ,MAC:                                                                                                                                                                                     1C:1D:86:01:57:56

Rourer and ATA have different PPPoE client

What is best way to QOS for ata (VoIP) ?  QOS by IP ? or QOS by MAC ADDRESS ? or other?

another question: in QOS CLASSIFICATION RULES for IP, A subnet mask may be included to define a range of IP addresses to match, then example for voip 192.168.0.3 mask 255.255.255.255 ? it's ok?

and for MAC, The MAC address is combined with the mask to define the range of allowed MAC addresses, then example for single device ATA 1C:1D:86:01:57:56 MASK ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff or for vendor 1c:1d:86:00:00:00 mask ff:ff:ff:00:00:00, is it correct?

thnks

@mariolino wrote:

hi to all, sorry for my English i have this configuration

:                                                                                                    /->Router (PPPoE Client) 192.168.0.2/24

PPPoE Server ePMP ---AP(bridge) --ePMP STA(bridge) e---

\-> ATA VoIP (PPPoE Client) 192.168.0.3/24 ,MAC:                                                                                                                                                                                     1C:1D:86:01:57:56

Rourer and ATA have different PPPoE client

What is best way to QOS for ata (VoIP) ?  QOS by IP ? or QOS by MAC ADDRESS ? or other?

another question: in QOS CLASSIFICATION RULES for IP, A subnet mask may be included to define a range of IP addresses to match, then example for voip 192.168.0.3 mask 255.255.255.255 ? it's ok?

and for MAC, The MAC address is combined with the mask to define the range of allowed MAC addresses, then example for single device ATA 1C:1D:86:01:57:56 MASK ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff or for vendor 1c:1d:86:00:00:00 mask ff:ff:ff:00:00:00, is it correct?

thnks

if your packets are flagged  for IP diffserv or IP TOS I'd use that so any device can be changed or added later.

if not, QoS based on VLAN would be my next choice. 

both of your methods will work, but if you change a mac or IP, you'll need to update your radios causing a brief service interruption. 

1 Like

thank you

but iif i mark mac based vendor, 1c:1d:86:00:00:00  ff:ff:ff:00:00:00 ,it work ? 

I remember that : pppoe server between  AP and STA