Question about ePMP2000 client data and test results

Hi,

Your understanding of DL and UL is correct:

DL - from AP to SM,

UL - from SM to AP.

When you see -60/-63 Downlink/Uplink it means SM hear AP with RSS -60 dBm and AP hear SM with RSSI -63 dBm.

It is not clear case with your ePMP2000.

Please contact me via e-mail:

fedir.trutsko@cambiumnetworks.com

Thank you.

Thank you for the update. The unit has been working GREAT so far on day 1 now that we got it workign correctly.

Was there a CPU/ Memory upgrade on the Epmp 2000? Seems that it still has the same issues as the 1000 series when there are lots of people associated and lots of traffic flowing we cant log into the AP? it provides the login page we enter our credentials and it just spins or gives us an "unexpected error." or "your login session expired please try again" this seesion timout happens maybe 5-10 seconds after trying to log in, if the traffic dies down then we are able to get into the radio again.

Is there a fix for this we seem to have seen the issue crop up around the 2.51 update and it has not been corrected since.

Seems like its a resource issue I would think adding more memory or a bigger CPU would benifit everything?

Thanks

Update

We were doing some installs today and pointing to the new 2000 AP. We noticed a varience in what the Force 200 CPE is reading compared to what the AP is reporting it sees the CPE at?

Both AP and CPE runnin3.0 firmware. Which one is correct and why such a varience.

Please see pictures attached from this morning of AP what it read CPE at and also 3 pictures of what the CPE was reporting. AP reporting signal -62/-68 CPE reporting connected to same AP 2000 but reporting signal of -74/-75?? am I reading something wrong or is this normal??

Hi, 

Yes, this is normal. The SM provides the most accurate measurement of the Downlink RSSI. Currently the SM cannot send DL RSSI measurements to the AP for it to display on its GUI. Therefore, the AP estimates the DL RSSI at which the SM is operating at, based on the APs own noise floor measurements. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Hi.  I'm wondering if these test results have been retried and if they are different with the 3.0.1beta that fixes the upload (SM Transmit) power level issues?  I'm wondering if that made the upload powers better and if that solved the strangeness that the OP was seeing?

1 Like