quick start CPE setting request

Is it possible that we can enable the DHCP server on the LAN port when the quick start (NAT mode) is used?

I hardly, pretty much never, use this "feature" as we set a lot more setting in our radios typically. And I like to use a preconfiged file. We ran in to a situation where I thought it would be easier for my novice tech to just use the quick start to get it online. I was quickly reminded that it kind of works. But, not really. I had zero idea what the default LAN IP was after using the quick start. Some quick forum searches yeilded nothing, and I mean nothing about what it is either... Even the knowledge base article for the quick start doesn't say what it is, or any other default settings for that matter it seems. I ended up having the tech install the radio, just so I could access it over wireless to finish setting it up. Maybe it's designed to be that way. Remote set up.. But, still. You should at least have basic Inet access after a "quick start". Basic settings like DHCP server on LAN make that very easy to do.

Having DHCP enabled, would have made that job easy. It just makes sense to enable it if using NAT mode to begin with IMO...

@Tristan wrote:

I had zero idea what the default LAN IP was after using the quick start. Some quick forum searches yeilded nothing, and I mean nothing about what it is either... Even the knowledge base article for the quick start doesn't say what it is, or any other default settings for that matter it seems. 

This is stated several times in the User Guide for ePMP 1000 | ePMP 2000 | Force 110 | 180 | 190 | 200

If Device IP address Mode is set to DHCP and the device is unable to retrieve IP address information via DHCP, the device management IP is set to fallback IP 192.168.0.1 (AP mode), 192.168.0.2 (SM mode), 192.168.0.3 (Spectrum Analyzer mode) or the previously-configured static Device IP Address. Units may always be accessed via the Ethernet port with IP 169.254.1.1.

You clearly can't read.

When you set the device up in quick start. It doesn't turn on DHCP SERVER on the LAN port that you are connected to.

In turn, the quick start (apparently) sets the IP address of the LAN to 10.1.1.254.. I had no idea what that was. Nor had a computer with the discovery tool installed.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

So, 

On page 130-133 of the "manual" there is no mention of the LAN IP changing in any mode, nor what it is going to be.

And in this knowledge post https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Configuration-Management/ePMP-Configuring-SM-units-using-the-Quick-Start-menu/m-p/96520 There is no mention of the "NEW" IP address that is assigned to the CPE once you change to NAT mode either.

While I'm sure it's buried somewhere, in some place, And because I have never used a 169.x IP in my life (mainly because I actually program radios and don't rely on back doors) I had no idea what the IP was of the radio after we "prorgrammed" it. I know this is partly my fault, and lack of knowledge of how this quick start apparently works. My simple suggestion is that you turn on DHCP server on the LAN port when selecting a mode that almost always uses DHCP server on a CLIENT radio. If I left it in bridge mode, or had it in AP mode, sure, that's not a typical setting choice. But NAT modes are typically used like that. Maybe it works properly in "router" mode, IDK. I'm looking that up now. But for me, that is counter intuitve. I don't NAT in network routers. I NAT with NAT... And when I do that on a client device, I plan to hand out an IP address to whatever is plugged in to it to NAT back to the Internet.