R190V vs R200... replacement or alternative?

Is the R190V intended to replace the R200 (when including voice)? If so, then I suppose I will start ordering R190V routers.

If not, what is the purpose of the R190V? Is it somehow improved, or just a slightly lower price point?

Thank you - Chris

Hi Chris,

The R190 is a new hardware, and diffes from R200 in certain minor ways, like it has only 3 LAN ports, does not have a USB interface. Also it does not have POE out on the WAN interface.

So in summary it is a variant suited to another set of customers.

Thanks

ashutosh

@ashutoshdatta wrote:

The R190 is a new hardware, and diffes from R200 in certain minor ways, like it has only 3 LAN ports, does not have a USB interface. Also it does not have POE out on the WAN interface.

So in summary it is a variant suited to another set of customers.

I'm talking only about the R200, not the R200P.

So, it sounds like the only difference is 1 less LAN port and no USB interface. These seem like particularly trivial differences for adding completity to a product line.

Is it somehow more robust? Is the firmware more complete? Is it the same firmware?

Hi,

Yes from the feature set point of view the changes are minor. As I mentioned this is a new hardware/chipset 

which means somewhat different firmware also.

thanks 

Ashutosh

How do they compare in TX Power and CPU?

Hi Ben

CnPilot R190

CnPilot R200

CPU Speed

Single-core 580MHz

Single-core 580MHz

Antenna Gain

5 dBi

5 dBi

Max output power

20dBm

20dBm

Regards,

Niraj

To clarify for everyone, apparently the R200 is actually being discontinued / has been discontinued. 

It looks like the R190 has a much reduced wifi transmit power

The R190 on the Wireless > Advanced > Transmit Power setting shows 14dbm for the default Max setting

Max of power of R200 and R190 are 14dBm  and Effective Isotropic Radiated Power ( Tx Power + Antenna Gain) of both APs are  same.

Please see  screen capture both APs

R190_WLAN_MAX_POWERR200_WLAN_MAX_POWER

@nirajlochan, I think the concern was relative to your earlier post where it states dBm for both was 20 dBm, but the GUI shows 14 dBm. Thank you for your clarification, please update the document you referenced previously.

Please see updated table

CnPilot R190

CnPilot R200

CPU Speed

Single-core 580MHz

Single-core 580MHz

Wifi Radio Max output power(Tx Power)

14dBm

14dBm

Antenna Gain

~5 dBi

~5 dBi

Total EIRP

20dBm

20dBm

Note: Effective Isotropic Radiated Power( EIRP) of both APs are  equal.