R195 cnMaestro Templates

I’m hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with creating a template in cnMaestro for the R195’s. When I follow some of the Cambium tutorials it says to “view configuration” in cnMaestro and “save as template” but this option isn’t available with the R195’s. The configurations files are basically not human readable.

My goal is to be able to onboard via MSN and then apply the template to change only the things we want to update for our configuration.

Hi Jason,
Sorry for inconvenience caused to you, Currently “save as template” option is missing for cnPilot Home series devices and will be fixed in next upcoming release.
Could you please tell us what configuration you want to try through templates ? We can help on that.
Thanks,
Durga Prasad

Durga,

I want to automate my deployment of these devices on the network. So I’d like to leave most of the default configuration alone, but just update a few specific items for our network. i.e. turn off 5Ghz, setup our cnmaestro information, etc.

Okay Jason, cnMaestro latest version will be available with this fix in a week.I hope that is fine for you.

Durga,

We are on cloud hosted cnMaestro. Will that be updated then as well?

Thanks,

Yes Jason, will update cloud also.

Durga,

Could you please provide an update? It looks as though it has been well over a week.

Thanks,

You can just download the config file
A note on templates, you never want the entire config in the template. Values you leave default dont need loaded. Limit your template to just the values you want to change to your company defaults, and tag the settings you want as variables for user specific settings in the template.
If you limit your templates to just the specific items, your template is more versatile across more product versions.
An example is ACS/DCS in the EPMP line, 200 and 100 series CPEs dont support this ans if its not something you use but have a full config, you need 2 templates, one for 100/200 and one for 300. Causes clutter.