R195P router repeater mode

Hi,

I have configured R195P router as repeater mode for one customer and configured cnMaestro settings as well. But so far I cannot see the router in cnMaestro for onboarding. Is it supporting when in repeater mode?

The setup is E500 connected to router and its getting DHCP IP. Then the new R195P with repeater mode connected to E500 and working fine. all clients getting 192.168.11.xx . So, the network working fine. Only concern is cnMaestro.
Can someone advise please?

Thank you.

Do the R195P system logs contain anything about it trying to connect to cnMaestro?

I have to visit the customer to get the log file checked. Thanks

Can you share the configuration templete for this to work. Cheers

I’m afraid I don’t know. If you don’t get a reply from the community here, I recommend you create a support ticket.

Hi @udithas,

To onboard the device in cnMaestro:

1. Keep WAN configuration in default
  2. Enable Repeater Mode on one of the band and connect it with the BASE AP
  3. Configure cnMaestro URL on the Repeater device and it should be available in the onboarding page on the cnMaestro.
  4. Once device is onboarded, you can modify the Repeater device configuration accordingly.

Note: Please share your AP config to kumari.smriti@cambiumnetworks.com, if you are unable to onboard the device to cnMaestro after trying these steps.

Regards,
Smriti

Thank you for the reply @Kumari_Smriti. I have done those steps during the installation and checked the cnMaestro for pending approvals and didn’t appear. I tried to onboard using serial number and it shows “Waiting for the device”. Once I get to customer site again, I will get the config backup as well as log file if possible and will send to you.