R195W Dropping Connections - Lost Customer

I’ve been experimenting with this suggestion but have not been able to replicate the issue (I am using 5 minute DHCP lease times for my home / office network without any dropping).

However, the problems seem to affect certain clients more specifically than others. I will continue to monitor your suggestion.

Just order Calix and stop messing with this honestly. We went almost 2 years ago and let me tell you how many router issues we deal with with thousands of clients (zero)

If it is just one customer that is making these complaints then send a tech and have them stay the day. 9 times out of 10 there is no real problem with the hardware and it is a user issue that is the problem. Like not connecting to the AP, turning off wifi, power issues (this is my favorite one to prove, never goes well) or they have statically assigned their wifi address and dhcp has given it to another device because they weren’t there to keep it. I have even had rouge routers because someone wanted their own wifi for some reason.

The list could go on and on, but if it is only one customer then having a tech on site is a good way to figure this out and yes they could just want you to have a tech onsite at all times , which could be a lucrative option for you too.

I do not agree to “just switch to” whatever hardware brand just because. If you are having problems with a lot of customers then that could be an option.

This isn’t just one customer. It is many customers. The original post was just a specific example. We’ve had about 10-15 customers lost since that first post related to Cambium router issues. Replacing their routers with non-Cambium routers solves the problems. It isn’t just me. There are many operators experiencing issues. Cambium has a problem that they either do not know about, or deny is an actual problem. Also, our customers with phone service will periodically lose audio completely; which requires a reboot to fix.

At the same time, there are plenty of operators with R-Series routers on their networks that don’t seem to have problems at all. I have been collecting configuration files myself to see if I can find any differences, but have not found an answer yet.

I have Calix waiting on an answer from me. I have demo units from them. I put them in place of Cambium routers for customers with issues… and the problems went away completely. Further, Calix has had Wave-2 routers for about 5 years (Cambium doesn’t have any yet) and Calix has ax products already (Cambium doesn’t have any yet, either).

I like how cnMaestro has our routers and radios in the same interface. I like how configuration and troubleshooting both start within cnMaestro. I am concerned that Cambium will actually fix their problem right as I sign up with Calix… but I have been waiting for a long time for that to happen. At this point, I am tired of troubleshooting “Wireless that just works”.

1 Like

ive been pushing new firmwares out as they come so i couldnt tell you which one, we are on the current recomended version in maestro and hear less issues with it.

We are about to implement the EZUI so i think that may give customers a little more ownership of their network and hopefully decrease complaints that arent really an issue