Radiation Pattern of Integrated Antenna on 900 MHz SM

I’ve looked thru the docs and I thought I saw this diagram somewhere but I am now unable to locate it.

Support;

If you have a radiation pattern for the 12. dBi integrated antenna on the 900 MHz SMs would you post it or a link to it, Please. We are having interference issues at two sites and I am hoping that I can use the diagrams to “steer” the nulls in the antenna pattern onto the “offending” emitters.

F/B ratios would be nice and other tech data on the antenna, for example, is it a Bi-quad, a phased array, or what? This is nice-to-know, but the radiation pattern is essential.

Thanks.
-m-

Micers,
I am working on getting this. It should be available by mid to late next week.

Canopy_Support wrote:
Micers,

Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to locate the information.

-m-
Canopy_Support wrote:
Micers,

Shameless bump ...

I have issues with local noise. I want to first try to use any NULLs I can find in these radiation patterns to see if I can steer a null onto the interference source because tuned cavities/bandpass filters are too darned expensive to use at client sites.

Please kick your source for this data. :lol:

-m-
micers wrote:
[quote="Canopy_Support":2ni360r4]Micers,

Shameless bump ...

I have issues with local noise. I want to first try to use any NULLs I can find in these radiation patterns to see if I can steer a null onto the interference source because tuned cavities/bandpass filters are too darned expensive to use at client sites.

Please kick your source for this data. :lol:

-m-[/quote:2ni360r4]

Mid to late next week has come and gone ...

You must have a small foot. Might I suggest a baseball bat?

Horizontal eplane azmuth:

1st null @ +/-85 degrees
2nd null @ -145 degrees & +160 degrees

hplane elevation
1st null @ +/-40 degrees
2nd null @ -90 & +110 degrees

That defines the nulls found on the 900 MHz integrated radio.

Canopy_Support wrote:

1st null @ +/-85 degrees

hplane elevation
1st null @ +/-40 degrees

That defines the nulls found on the 900 MHz integrated radio.

Excellent! Than you very much. That will become very valuable information to those of use using the 900 MHz integrated panels.

Thank you for taking the time and going to the extra effort to dig up this information.

-m-

Now if I only knew how to read it! Can someone PM or try to explain it to me? I understand horizontal and verticle polorization, learned that during my CWNA studying. A picture would be nice. :slight_smile:

Zach

wirelessSolutions wrote:
Now if I only knew how to read it! Can someone PM or try to explain it to me? I understand horizontal and verticle polorization, learned that during my CWNA studying. A picture would be nice. :)

Zach

If you view the 900 MHz integrated panel antenna from above and behind, then this information tells you there is a dead spot in the integrated panel at +/- 85 degrees either side of the front of the antenna in the horizontal plane and that there are also dead spots at -145 degrees and +160 degrees.

1st null @ +/-85 degrees

If you view the antenna from the side, this information tells you there are dead spots 40 degrees above and below a line from the front of the antenna and that there are also dead spots straight below the antenna and above and 20 degrees behind the antenna.

hplane elevation
1st null @ +/-40 degrees

This is usefull because you can "steer" these nulls onto an interference source and thereby establish a better link. The panel antenna has a very wide beam width in the favored direction. It is therefore sometimes more important to point the nulls towards interference than it is to point the panel exactly towards the access point.