I saw where with 2.6.2, there has been a correction with its VLAN implementation. Questions...
1. Does ePMP now support radius authentication for both bandwidth and VLAN?
2. I have the dictionary file... Is there anything else I need to pass other than Cambium-ePMP-VLIGVID and Cambium-ePMP-VLMGVID in order for VLANs to work? The reason I ask is that with the Canopy series of radios I pass Motorola-Canopy-VLSMMGPASS (enable vlan), Motorola-Canopy-VLMGVID (managment vlan), and Motorola-Canopy-VLIGVID (customer vlan).
I was given a reply by a Technical Support Engineer (Thursday) that they were verifing if I only needed those 2 items. The technician working the ticket unfortunatly only works Sunday through Thursday. Ticket 101284.
VLAN VSAs were introduced in release 2.6. The following VSAs can be configured:
- Cambium-Canopy-VLMGVID allows you to specify the Management VLAN for a device.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLManagPVID allows you to specify the VLAN priority for your Management VLAN.
- Cambium-Canopy-VLIGVID allows you to specify the Data VLAN for a Subscriber Module.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLDataPVID allows you to specify the VLAN priority for your Data VLAN.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLANMEMSET allows you to specify one or multiple Membership VLANs for a Subscriber Module.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLMG2VID allows you to specify the Separate Management VLAN for a Subscriber Module.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLMG2PVID allows you to specify the VLAN priority for your Separate Management VLAN.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLMultiCastVID llows you to specify the Multicast VLAN for a Subscriber Module.
- Cambium-ePMP-VLMAPPING allows you to specify one or multiple VLAN Mappings for a Subscriber Module.
You can get the dictionary file for these fields from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/
ePMP Systems and Software Manager
I just received a response from helpdesk today. They told me that I only needed the 2 entries that I asked about, the management and data vlan entries. There is no entry in radius to enable the vlans, only to specify the entries and priorities.
My original quesiton was regarding which dictionary items necessary to provision VLAN configuration through Radius.I am in the middle of my testing but have an irregularity. I think there maybe an issue with 2.6.2 on ePMP with the use of Radius and VLANs. If I log into the subscriber module and goto the section Monitor | Network, I only see the subscriber receiving the Data VLAN and not the MGMT VLAN. My test is on a customer that was provisioned for vlans prior through the web interface. I have attached the configuration section of the radio showing the VLANs manually programmed in. I have also attached what the radio was getting from radius.
ATTRIBUTE Cambium-ePMP-VLIGVID 21 integer # VLAN Ingress/Data VLAN ID (1-4094)
ATTRIBUTE Cambium-ePMP-VLMGVID 22 integer # VLAN Management VLAN ID (1-4094)
Radius is setup with a MySQL backend and I have verified that both radius attributes are assigned to the username the subscriber module is using to authenticate.
I am afraid to remove the manual vlan settings and have to goto the site to reconfigure the subscriber module.