Rcv Power NA, Beacons 0%

I know I've seen this before.  SM works fine, 8X modulation, but Rcv Power and Signal Strength Ratio are NA and Beacons are 0%.

Is this a known problem?  Hardware or firmware?  SM is on 13.2.1, any chance later firmware will resolve it?

1 Like

firmware 14.1.2 is already out, 

14.1.2 is beta FW.

I don't see anything about this issue in the 13.4 or 14.1.1 release notes.  There were a lot of bug fixes in 13.4, but 14.1.1 mostly seems 450i related to me.

If someone says yep, this is a known FW issue and is fixed on 14.1.1, I'll jump on it.  Otherwise, I'm reluctant to upgrade the production networks every time a new FW release comes out.  I do see some bug fixes that were made in 13.4 though that I probably want.

I think when I saw this once before, an SM reboot fixed it, but not this time.

@Ken Hohhof wrote:

14.1.2 is beta FW.

I don't see anything about this issue in the 13.4 or 14.1.1 release notes.  There were a lot of bug fixes in 13.4, but 14.1.1 mostly seems 450i related to me.

If someone says yep, this is a known FW issue and is fixed on 14.1.1, I'll jump on it.  Otherwise, I'm reluctant to upgrade the production networks every time a new FW release comes out.  I do see some bug fixes that were made in 13.4 though that I probably want.

I think when I saw this once before, an SM reboot fixed it, but not this time.

Ken,

Thanks for the post. Yes, we have had a few reports of this issue on 13.2.X releases. But they were rare and fixed on reboot of SM. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what release this was resolved in. I have not heard of any reports of this on 13.4+, including 14.0+. So any of those will resolve this issue.

-Charlie

OK, thanks.  This customer seems to be either downloading games or playing them 24x7, if I can catch them at a low usage moment I will try upgrading the FW on their SM.

It's gotten to where you can't do FW upgrades without pissing people off.

Sorry, I was reading my graphs wrong.  I thought this SM had been reading NA for rcv level ever since we installed it (upgrade from 2.4 FSK), continuing through some power outages by this customer a couple weeks ago.  That's why I said a reboot didn't fix the problem.  But actually it was working and then the problem started around the time of the power outages.

So I rebooted the SM and the problem went away.

I guess I should still try 14.1.1 FW.

I have several  450 radios with firmware 13.4 doing this.  Beacon 0% & receive power N/A, but good connection and sig to noise in 20's to 30's in most cases. I'll try resetting them as suggested in this thread.

rebooting seems to work

dsoodak and Ken,

Are you still seeing this issue on 14.1.1 or 14.1.2 beta? We are not seeing this internally and I want to make sure we get it fixed if it is not already.

-Charlie