Re: Setting Up CNS Server

Thanks for the reply!

I tried entering the URL of the CNS server machine into the URL when upgrading the radio. Again, it would just fail uploading the image to the device.

I tried to get CNS server running in the most simple set up possible as well. I have my laptop running CNS server sitting on my desk with a radio plugged directly into it. Again, CNS server can discover the radio and I can launch the webpage from CNS server, but it fails when trying to upload the firmware image to the device.

I double checked and all ports that are needed to be open as listed in the CNS manual are open on the machine.

Hi John,

Please try to upgrade the device using device web page. On device web page of ePMP device you will see a option to upgrade device using URL use that option and enter the package URL (sample URL given in above post).

If you can able to upgrade device using it then it is valied package for the device else there is some problem with the package. If you are facing same issue  then i have to confirm from device team whether it is correct package or not or any setting need to be done on device side.

Regards,

Piyush

Trying to upgrade ePMP via the URL and the provided example does not work; it again fails when trying to upload image to device.

Hi John,

Could you please provide us the snapshot of the error you are getting while upgrading device using device web page. Also let us know the device configuration, so that i can check the issue with device team and get back to you.

You can get device configuration at following location-

<CNS Server Install Dir>/services/provisioner/backend/configurations
File name will be, device mac address.

Regards,

Piyush