Received Unknown Trap

Does anyone know what this means?

Received Unknown Trap: Host: IP=10.4.50.43, port=162, community=public, version=2c Varbind: iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime.0, 976 Varbind: iso.org.dod.internet.snmpV2.snmpModules.snmpMIB.snmpMIBObjects.snmpTrap.snmpTrapOID.0, iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.mot.whispRoot.whispProducts.whispSm.whispSmEvent.3.1 Varbind: iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.mot.whispRoot.whispProducts.whispSm.whispSmStatus.dhcpCip.0, 96.36.59.48 Varbind: iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.mot.whispRoot.whispProducts.whispBox.whispBoxStatus.whispBoxEsn, 0a-00-3e-90-9a-91

It means the device sent a SNMP trap to the prizm server and the prizm server doesn’t have the MIB information to understand what the trap means. Basically like trying to figure out what a word means when it’s not in the dictionary.

I started seeing a handful of these on a handful of SMs since my upgrade to 9.3. Canopy support looked at it but never really resolved it. It doesn’t seem to cause any problems so I’ve more or less ignored it.

pull the newest MIB files down from moto, call them direct, I bet its some new awesome SNMP OID that will make your subs have 6x throughput,

thatoneguysteve wrote:
pull the newest MIB files down from moto, call them direct, I bet its some new awesome SNMP OID that will make your subs have 6x throughput,

I installed the new MIBs to no avail. I honestly think it's something in the code that was meant to be removed but never was and only seems to show up under certain circumstances.

ive been seeing it too. Maybe its something that is meant to go to motorola somehow to make sure theyre etting every penny out of us

thatoneguysteve,

How do you put aditional mibs in prizm??
I want prizm to understand radwin2000 traps…