Redundant Access Points

I have a few customers who have a single AP and given the fact that the coverage area is small I didn’t want to just install a second active AP that would take over in the event the primary AP failed, because of adding to the probability of channel conflicts, etc. What’s the best way to go about adding a redundant (offline) AP to take over once the primary goes down? Kind of like a RAID-1 :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Keith

I’ve worked with Cisco AP’s that have a coverage hole detection that would effectively increase their tx power when certain parameters were met ie Dead AP,Bad Signal Coverage.It worked like all Cisco Wireless ie Never :joy: :rofl:

Someone from Cambium might have to chime in if you can use ATPC like this.Haven’t seen a document or documented case on how this would work.

@djdrastic
“Auto Cell” is a feature supported in both 4.2.2 and 6.3 software releases.
Please let us know your feedback.

Hi CAM very cool.I take it I would need a CNMaestro override for this as this seems local GUI at present ?
Does this take other RF interference in mind as well or only AP’s within the management group ?

• If cnMaestro, please use override.
  • Its available on local AP GUI.
  • It takes neighbor information of Cambium APs only.

Thanks for your replies. Could you provide links to video tutorials or KB articles that explains this further?

Thanks