Regfails like crazy?

So I have 1 access point that is getting CRAZY regfails. It won’t even allow new customers on.

For instance:

Index: 1 Frequency: 915.0 MHz ESN: xxx
Jitter: 3 RSSI: 1452 Power Level: -70 Beacon Count: 16 BRcvW: 0 DFS: 0 FEC: 0
Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 194 Range: 7399 feet TxBER: 0 EBcast: 0
Session Count: 5 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0
FrameNumber: 1036 SectorID: 4 Color Code: 3 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 10
Frequency: 9150 NumULHalfSlots: 11 NumDLHalfSlots: 36 NumULContSlots: 1

The most recent changes were adding color codes / making some bridge entry timeouts longer on the access points (which I heard doesnt make a lot of difference?) / changing control slots to 1 on all APs

Any idea? It’s mainly only one AP that won’t let new customers on, but all other APs are sometimes having the problem but I’ve never had them get more than 3-4 regfails.

is this AP colocated with other AP’s ?

are all other AP’s on the same settings…

have you tried defaulting and then seeing what happens on default settings… (change colour code)

I also having the same problem , user from M’sia. I got Regfail more than 2000 plus for one day … It’s been two months already … What’s the actual problem causing this ? Is the tower’s or my AP’s ? Any setup at my AP can fix my problem ? I really got frustrated by this problem … Hopefully anyone expert here can help me …

First thing I would do is Factory reset and reconfigure from scratch. Do it on all AP’s in the cluster.

Then try reloading the software on all the AP’s (7.3.6)

Then try reloading the software on the CMMmicro

After that I would start to look at interference, bad cables (low voltage at the AP), intermittent loss of GPS.

I reverted back to no color code and it helped some…but it’s odd. It still took an hour+ to register but once it registered it never fell off all night. Now this morning I reboot it multiple times and it only takes 1-2 minutes to finally register after failing a bunch of times.

Odd…

Yes it is colocated with the other AP’s VJ. All AP’s are on the same settings except one has color codes (planning to change that back today)

swap out the AP…

Is it receiving sync correctly…

It’s receiving sync correctly. For some reason now it’s working fine? I guess some kind of interference but a spectrum analysis shows that the AP/SM have less interference than most of the other AP’s and SM’s.

unless you can get your sm pwr level down to the mid-60’s you will continue to have this problem. What do you have the pwr level set at in the sm units?

And it wasn’t a perfectly clear shot but it was by no means the worst shot we have. And it’s a 17dBi yagi antenna on it…