region code change

Hello,

I went to website and generated a license key for my epmp to change region code, but where do I put that code into the AP?

Thank you.

Hi, 

You will need a region code license key only if you are using one of the following ePMP models:

Model Number

Description

C050900A013A

ePMP 1000: 5 GHz Connectorized Radio with Sync (EU)

C050900A023A

ePMP 1000: 5 GHz Connectorized Radio (EU)

C050900C033A

ePMP 1000: 5 GHz Integrated Radio (EU)

C050900C043B

ePMP Force 110AR5-25 High Gain (25 dBi) SM/PTP Radio (EU)

C050900B053A

ePMP Force 110 PTP - High Performance PTP Radio (EU)

If you are using one of the above model numbers, then you can input the license key into the "Country License Key" field found under Configuration->Radio->General->Country License Key OR Quick Start->General->Country License Key. If you do not see this field, then you do not have one of the models listed above. 

Thanks,
Sriram

Dear , We have one Link in OMAN and Client need only OMAN regulatory Profile on Country List and it should be FIX Profile and no Change able from GUI Easy . Can you do it same as PTP650 License base and then only it show only one Country Regulatory : OMAN Radio Part Number : C050900C031A We upgrade it to last Firmware but i dint find any Places on GUI for import Regulatory License . Oman : 5.725 to 5.850 Ghz Please send me Solution . Ali

Hi Ali,

You should just select Oman Country Code on Configuration -> Radio page in General section on UI to follow Oman Regulatory Rules.

Thank you.

Hi, Yes it work but client easy can change it to “Others” Regulatory Profile and then they can use another Country code from GUI easy. We need option that remove select able way from GUI and make it as Fix profile or License base . Thanks

You have ROW(Rest of the World) device where Licenses are not used for Region configuration.

And it is not possible to make it changeable via License Key.

Only EU devices support Region Configuration vai License Key.

Thank you.

1 Like

@Ali Shoaee wrote:
Hi, Yes it work but client easy can change it to "Others" Regulatory Profile and then they can use another Country code from GUI easy. We need option that remove select able way from GUI 

I think you'd have to accomplish that with passwords maybe?  So create him a user/profile/password at an auth level that can't switch the country code, if that's possible?

Dear , we found match Regulatory Profile as “QATAR” that Frequency range and transmition level limited as we need . 4 levels of Access on ePMP is available as below: 1- admin 2- installer 3- user 4-read only in admin & installer mode you can change Country Profile and Frequency and transmition level , in user mode again you can change Country profile but you can not change frequency . it means with change the user level access with this available profile we can not do any thing :slight_smile: Is it any way that we can define user and Moderate which items must be permit ? for example user “Administrator” can do all job Except change Country Regulatory ? Best Regards, Ali

Dear , we found match Country Regulatory region Code but we have one Problem . “Installer” User can Change The Profile of Regulatory region ! Can you Limit it on “admin” Profile User ? It means when you login as “installer” you have Option to change Regulatory Profile and frequency But if you limit it to only change frequency and only “admin” can do all then it is fine . i think change and set regulatory should be a part of “admin” Profile not " Installer " . Match Region profile for countries has frequencies 5.7 & 5.8 : China is between 5740-5795 & 5800-5835 Maximum power is 20 dbm Iceland is between 5735-5795 & 5800-5865 Maximum power is 23 dbm Indonesia is between 5735-5795 & 5800-5815 Maximum power is 23 dbm New Zealand is 5735-5795 & 5800-5815 Maximum power is 23 dbm Qatar is between 5735-5785 & 5825-5865 Maximum power is 20 dbm Singapore is between 5740-5795 & 5800-5835 Maximum power is 18 dbm Vanuatu is between 5740-5795 & 5800-5835 Maximum power is 23 dbm Vietnam is between 5735-5795 & 5800-5840 Maximum power is 17 dbm

Hi Ali,

I'm inclined to agree with you.

We are going to review your request regarding user permissions fro nex release.

Thank you.

Hello Sri,

I have epmp 5Ghz Force 180 model no-C050900P071A

Unfortunatly i changed country code-CANADA how can i do changes OTHER country code.

@irsad wrote:

Hello Sri,

I have epmp 5Ghz Force 180 model no-C050900P071A

Unfortunatly i changed country code-CANADA how can i do changes OTHER country code.

Hi, 

What you have is a ROW (Rest Of the World) unit. Canadian regulations require the unit to be locked to Canada when operating in Canada. It is impossible for the software to know where the unit is physically being used especially since there is no GPS chip on the Force 180 unit. Therefore, when you switch the Country to Canada, the software assumes the unit is being used in Canada and will lock itself to it. 

I see from your profile that you are outside Canada. If you would like to unlock, contact our support team and they will be able to help you. 

Thanks,

Sriram

I have the same problem and I configured it to United states and now I am having the same problem.

Hello, If you have a ROW unit and configured it to United States, you should be able to change it. If the unit came locked with United States, it is an FCC unit and cannot be changed. Which country are you located?