Release 8, when available for download?

The last release 7.3.6 date is Oct 24 2005… When the new version with port filtering, port map, management vlan in to BH, and more???

Thanks you

this is a tabooo subject, and has taken many a victim in the past…

1. We have lost many a good men for responding harshley to this question.

All in the spirit of free speech :wink:

AH, they said by the end of September, but what year?

Moto has told me that it will be released late Oct 2006. Rumor has it that they are using it at there channel summit this week.

Touchy subject. If you look hard enough in this forum, you will find secret threads about it. We have form a sort of online support group for those who are frustrated with the wait…you know, that sort of thing where we all introduce ourselves… Hi, my name is Sebastian and I’ve been running release 7.3.6 for as long as I can remember. I’m tired of waiting but I have convinced myself that it is ok. (tears) :oops:

Hi, my name is Andy.

I’ve been running 7.3.6 for almost a year now. “And that’s. . . okay. Because I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.”

For anyone who did not catch the Stuart Smalley reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Smalley

clap clap clap clap clap!!! :slight_smile:

:lol: Wow Standing Clapping…Bravo well said

i think thats the first time i have ever acutally “lol” to this forum.

you got to laugh…

I can tell you that we’ve begun to change training slides to reflect R8 screen shots - but I, too, am awaiting the ‘final date’…

I hope we haven’t lost good people due to this subject (hope that was a joke!!! :shock: ). I believe in free-speech, but dislike people who state (as a fact) things that are not true…(like Moto was halting Canopy improvements to fund WiMAX…NOT!)

Just got back from the Distributor/ACSP summit - and the roadmap they showed was very impressive (including improvements to Canopy)…

Hi, my name is Charles, and I’m tired of waiting for R8…(but I’d rather wait than get the new OS and new application with bugs in it…)…and it’s OK to swim upstream against the masses…and to eat peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches WITHOUT the crust on the bread…

Hello Mr. Charles
I think that port filtering, and port map are very important for the Canopy, because many times the ISP are very forced to install one router in to they customers, because Canopy don’t support the port mapping.
I have a large canopy network (I use only Canopy and Cisco), and I cannot use only one management vlan because the BH cannot tagging the vlan for management.

I have post:
"When the new version with port filtering, port map, management vlan in to BH, and more???"

I have write: “When the new version with…”, but I haven’t write: “When the new version release 8.0 with…”!!

Bye
Fabio Marocco

I simply CANNOT understand why so many people are upset about 8.0. If you were reading this forum then you got CLEAR instructions about how to sign up to be part of the 8.0 beta. As far as I know, everyone who signed up got access to several beta releases, I sure did. The only thing that I have issue with at the moment is the pkg2 format and the requirement to use CNUT (and soon Prizm, which will include CNUT) to extract them. I much prefer being able to untar and then do a very quick/simple upgrade through telnet!

twinkletoes wrote:
I simply CANNOT understand why so many people are upset about 8.0. If you were reading this forum then you got CLEAR instructions about how to sign up to be part of the 8.0 beta. As far as I know, everyone who signed up got access to several beta releases, I sure did.

I signed up as an 8.0 beta tester, but ultimately had to back out. Motorola was asking for a larger time/paper-work commitment than I could provide.

I, of course, can not speak for anyone other then myself. But I am not upset at all about the release 8 slippage. My network is purring like a kitten, its not like when we were waiting for the vital HWS fix.

Its amusing to me; on par with Windows Vista and Duke Nukem Forever.

I agree. 7.3.6 is working fine for now.

8.0 is a new OS so I’m willing to wait. I don’t need to be ringing out bugs in my system just becasue I wanted to have the new shiny software.

Scratched, dulled, beatup and WORKING is fine with me.

pkg2 format… mmm…

where there is a will there is a way