Remotely Change QOS on SU

I've looked online and through the user guide but can't find if there is a way to change the QOS sustained download and uplink values on an SU without using radius? I thought I  read some where that those values could be altered via an snmp set but now I'm thinking it was for a different radio manufacture because I can't find any details on it. Even if the values can be changed via telnet or ssh I'd be able to make that work. Thanks for your help.

There are a few ways to change an SM's QoS settings without using RADIUS...

- Change via the web management under Configuration on the QoS tab

- Change via cnMaestro

- Change via WirelessManager

- Change via SNMP

Do you know where I can find the documentation to change via snmp? That would be my best solution but I didn't find that info in the User Guide under 14.1.

The authoritative resource for snmp documentation is the MIB itself (matching the software version of course)...

j

dwnLnkDataRate

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.64

Syntax: INTEGER

Access: read-write

Sustained downlink bandwidth cap.

dwnLnkLimit

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.65

Burst downlink bandwidth cap.

dwnLnkMaxBurstDataRate

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.129

Maximum burst downlink rate.

upLnkDataRate

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.62

Sustained uplink bandwidth cap.

upLnkLimit

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.63

Burst uplink bandwidth cap.

upLnkMaxBurstDataRate

Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.128

Maximum burst uplink rate.

2 Likes

Thanks that helps me out a lot. I am able to pull the data correctly, now I just need to figure out why snmpset is not working on these radios.

Also in case anyone comes across this post doing a forum search - .1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.3.1.108.0 is the OID for getting the license speed of the radio. Tested on 14.2.1.

Assuming you have the first snmp community string designated read/write instead of read-only, under linux at least the following should work (it does for me):

snmpset -v 2c -c privcomm 10.16.14.22 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.62.0 i 2000

(assuming r/w community is "privcomm") on success returns:

WHISP-SM-MIB::upLnkDataRate.0 2000

Two possible stumbling blocks - if you've been using snmpwalk instead of snmpread, you may not be including the trailing .0, and if you've not used snmpset much it's easy to forget or mis-enter the datatype flag, i for integer in this case.

j

You hit it right on the head. I was missing the trailing .0 at the end. Once I figured that out its been working great.