RocketM5 on ePMP 2000 sector antenna

Will a Ubiquiti RocketM5 fit and work on an ePMP 2000 (part #C050900D021A) correctly? We are ordering some new sector antennas, and I don't want to order any Ubiquiti equipment at all. I'd rather utilize our current stock of radios until we can transition everything over in the near future.

1 Like

While I'm not 100% sure as I've never used a RocketM5 in an ePMP OEM antenna (I've done the opposite, used an ePMP 1000 on a Ubiquiti AC 45deg sector antenna), I'm fairly certain that it will work. You might have to do a little bit of work to get the M5 to fit in the ePMP 1000 bracket on the back of that antenna, but the little RF connectors are the same on the M5, ePMP 2000 and 1000.

Thanks Eric, thats what I was thinking. I may go ahead with another route, and order the 5Ghz Sync Lite radios on this order, and just use the Ubiquiti SM's for the time being until we can get the revenue up, and I can convince management to go completely Cambium. Do you have any input on how good this may work, with Cambium AP's in Wifi mode and Ubiquiti SM's?

Yes the ubnt rocketm5 will work with the epmp  antenna.I have used it before and it's working fine.

1 Like

Yes, works fine!

@bleger wrote:

Thanks Eric, thats what I was thinking. I may go ahead with another route, and order the 5Ghz Sync Lite radios on this order, and just use the Ubiquiti SM's for the time being until we can get the revenue up, and I can convince management to go completely Cambium. Do you have any input on how good this may work, with Cambium AP's in Wifi mode and Ubiquiti SM's?

it will technically work.  but you will not get anywhere near the full potential from the cambium radio.    

the cambium mac is much much more effective than the wif mac.       

the sync abilities of the AP will also be absent.