RV22 WiFi 6 Home Mesh Router

True that. Most ISPs prefer to let “someone else” manage the home Wi-Fi. Eero is a great choice as is Google nest for their brand recognition. Each ISP has to decide the direction of their company, whether to own the customer experience or outsource it. I saw a statistic that 63% of subscribers call their service provider about Wi-Fi whether the Wi-Fi was provided by the ISP or not. So, if the ISP is going to be responsible anyway, our thought is to make the support as light as possible. Three ways: 1)Build a great radio/antenna. It all starts with a great radio. 2)collect and analyze performance in the cloud, including segmented testing of individual network components, 3)give the subscriber some self-help tools. Basically, where Amazon builds a great AP for Amazon, Cambium is attempting to build a great solution for the service provider. That’s the plan, now we have to execute. I hope you can get ahold of a few of the RV22 and give me your advice.

1 Like

Perception…

Cambium replaced UniF*** at an out door event space. They had had enough issues that Gary and I agreed to sit there and watch it.

Sure enough… the ISP dropped out. All the devices around the site were still connected. I was logged into the router and I could see all the Point of Sales devices on a wifi scan.

As the line for check in came to a stop… “The WiFi is down!” “We can’t take cards right now… the WiFi is down.” “Hold on for a second… the ticket scanners are offline… the WiFi is out right now.”

I took a jog up to where the Fiber Optics Come in. Its about 1/2 mile away…
Logged into the router there with my laptop using the wifi. Broke the 5Gig radio out of the network bridge and turned it back on. Set it to be a client. Added a DHCP client. Changed the router to use it as the WAN Feed. Enabled the hotspot on my phone. Saw the router connect to my phone. My laptop indicated the internet had been restored. Heard over the radio… “Ticket Scanner is back up.”

Went and checked the ONT… sure enough… it was offline. Rebooted it. Reset it… didn’t matter. Just hung out there until the light came back on… was about 20 minutes. ISP outage…

As I walked back I explained to them about getting starlink and a VPS service.

Anyways… the point was “THE WIFI WAS NOT DOWN!”
And fortunately… the router I had used has 2 radios I could use to connect to WiFi hostpots or local Free WiFis… If there was one. but this site is in the middle of nowhere.

Another night the XV2T just decided to stop processing packets… that was a case of the wifi being down. Turning off Application control and a firmware update stopped that from happening again.

We do not use cnMaestro Cloud, only on-prem.

1 Like

wow. How did you do this? “Broke the 5Gig radio out of the network bridge and turned it back on. Set it to be a client. Added a DHCP client” Smart way to segment the network. Was this a Cambium SM or AP?

This is my universal problem solver.
5 Gigabit Copper Ports (Any Port Can be Anything)
2 2x2 ACV1 radios in 2.4 and 5 Ghz (Can also be anything)
Quadcore Processor
IPSec Hardware Acceleration
PPtP L2TP SSL SSTP OVPN Wireguard and Zerotier built in
$80